Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My cute turkey sign

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 21:21

Got the other side of my sign finished yesterday but needed to get the pic taken of it. Finally remembered to do that today so I can post it. It's taken from a design by Karen Wisner in the October 2008 issue of Painting magazine.

I was going to put a screw eye hook in the top, but Anj mentioned a hole at the top and I think that would work better. I'll just put an orange ribbon through it and can use it for either side. Just click on the pic for a larger view.

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My cute turkey sign

You did a tremendous job on both those signs! And I especially like the turkey. My family loves Thanksgiving better than Christmas-usually no matter where they are , they come home on Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing-You do Great Work!!

o

Where did my post go???? I'm getting worse and worse with losing my posts. Must be getting in too big of a hurry and pushing the wrong button or something.

This little pattern was perfect for the back of your halloween sign. Love how you did the tail feathers and your little vine around the edge is perfect (mine always come out too thick...need to practice a lighter touch). Your lettering is great and I like how you used the dots to give the flowers and tail feathers some dimention. It's a keeper!

Paintgirl~ I personally like Thanksgiving better cause it's a little more laid back than the Christmas hustle and bustle plus you still get all the good food!

~Anj

o

Mr. Turkey is very cute!! I started farther down on posts so didn't know you had gotten back side done. Love both sides & grandkids will too!Jan

o

Thank you Sunnyca, glad you liked them. Cute little faces make me smile too. I'm in Ca. too, Rancho Cucamonga to be exact. Are you in So. or No. Ca.? Luvs

o

I don't know what "both" there is as I'm only seeing one, but it's cute as can be. You did a great job. Now, where do you hang that?

o

Oceanna, the back side of this sign is a Halloween design. It's on one of the posts here too. Thanks for your nice comment. I think it will be hung on my lamppost out in the front yard. Luvs

o

Your turkey turned out as cute as your halloween side. What a nice project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here