Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

My cute turkey sign

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Got the other side of my sign finished yesterday but needed to get the pic taken of it. Finally remembered to do that today so I can post it. It's taken from a design by Karen Wisner in the October 2008 issue of Painting magazine.

I was going to put a screw eye hook in the top, but Anj mentioned a hole at the top and I think that would work better. I'll just put an orange ribbon through it and can use it for either side. Just click on the pic for a larger view.

Luvs

Comments (7)

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

You did a tremendous job on both those signs! And I especially like the turkey. My family loves Thanksgiving better than Christmas-usually no matter where they are , they come home on Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing-You do Great Work!!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Where did my post go???? I'm getting worse and worse with losing my posts. Must be getting in too big of a hurry and pushing the wrong button or something.

This little pattern was perfect for the back of your halloween sign. Love how you did the tail feathers and your little vine around the edge is perfect (mine always come out too thick...need to practice a lighter touch). Your lettering is great and I like how you used the dots to give the flowers and tail feathers some dimention. It's a keeper!

Paintgirl~ I personally like Thanksgiving better cause it's a little more laid back than the Christmas hustle and bustle plus you still get all the good food!

~Anj

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Mr. Turkey is very cute!! I started farther down on posts so didn't know you had gotten back side done. Love both sides & grandkids will too!Jan

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Sunnyca, glad you liked them. Cute little faces make me smile too. I'm in Ca. too, Rancho Cucamonga to be exact. Are you in So. or No. Ca.? Luvs

• oceanna
    15 years ago

I don't know what "both" there is as I'm only seeing one, but it's cute as can be. You did a great job. Now, where do you hang that?

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oceanna, the back side of this sign is a Halloween design. It's on one of the posts here too. Thanks for your nice comment. I think it will be hung on my lamppost out in the front yard. Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Your turkey turned out as cute as your halloween side. What a nice project.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022