Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Grungy Snowman

anjabee
15 years ago

This is a big hanging snowman piece that I got at the TS a while back for probably $1. Finally got it painted up.

Comments (15)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Oh, Anj, he is great! How big is he? Looks like maybe 16 to 20 inches. Love that you added the jingle bell and the stars too. What a great find. And was it just the wood piece and you had to create the design yourself? So cute! Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This was just a simple piece. It one of those that has the pattern kind of carved into the wood. The bell and stars came with it. He's about 21 inches high. Looking at the picture I think I need to shade his nose with some carroty lines. Funny how sometimes you don't notice things until you look at the picture of it. ha

• retiree43
    15 years ago

Oh, Anj, I love your snowman. Do you happen to have the wrapper from this item - - - would like to know who the mfgr. is - - maybe this item is still available. He would look as very cute on my front door this winter.

Clarice

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Clarice...I looked on the back and there is a sticker. It's from Roberts and the item # is 75-0587. Hope you can find one! ~Anj

• retiree43
    15 years ago

Unable to find the snowman - - - Was there any additional information on the packaging??

thanks,
    Clarice

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

He looks simple to cut out with a jig saw, or scroll saw, if you do that sort of thing.
    I sometimes copy a picture and make a pattern for something I really want. (never to sell). And depending on size I want, I divide a photo like this into 3 or 4 sections then print each one out to the "full page" size. Tape them together and trace on the wood.

I usually lurk here, LOL, I can barely paint walls much less anything decorative. I sure admire those with paint talent tho.

Karen

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hi Karen, you know you are very welcome here! Glad you enjoy seeing all the projects. I think you have more painting talent than you give yourself credit for--I've seen some of your projects. :o) Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry Clarice...no other info. If you know how to use a saw you could probably cut one out for yourself or since the holiday crafts are starting to show up in the stores, check out your local Roberts Craft stores as it gets closer to Winter and maybe they'll have more of them this year or something comparable??

Hi Karen...quit lurking!! We'd enjoy chatting with you even if you don't post projects! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Anj, do you have a crafts store called Roberts? Gosh, all we have here is Michael's and Joanne's. When we visit family in the Midwest, I always make it a point to visit their Hobby Lobby. If I ever get through SLC again, I'll have to be sure I find a Robert's to visit! LOL

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh yes Luvs. We do. I didn't realize they weren't everywhere. Here's a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roberts Arts and Crafts

• retiree43
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info. Anj. I didn't realize Roberts was a craft store. I looked on their website, but did not find a tab or search button for viewing their products.

Clarice

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Thanks, Anj. Nice to know there are other craft stores around. I'll keep this one in mind for when we are traveling. Do you find their prices about the same as Michael's? Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes Luvs, they are along the same lines as Michaels and comparable pricing, but different products. I guess after looking at the site they are only here in Utah. Bummer.
    =( ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Anj, I love your snowman. What a cutie. I need to go paint after seeing all of your nice projects.

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you phonegirl. =) ~Anj