Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grungy Snowman

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 26, 08 at 20:03

This is a big hanging snowman piece that I got at the TS a while back for probably $1. Finally got it painted up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grungy Snowman

Oh, Anj, he is great! How big is he? Looks like maybe 16 to 20 inches. Love that you added the jingle bell and the stars too. What a great find. And was it just the wood piece and you had to create the design yourself? So cute! Luvs

o

This was just a simple piece. It one of those that has the pattern kind of carved into the wood. The bell and stars came with it. He's about 21 inches high. Looking at the picture I think I need to shade his nose with some carroty lines. Funny how sometimes you don't notice things until you look at the picture of it. ha

o

Oh, Anj, I love your snowman. Do you happen to have the wrapper from this item - - - would like to know who the mfgr. is - - maybe this item is still available. He would look as very cute on my front door this winter.

Clarice

o

Hi Clarice...I looked on the back and there is a sticker. It's from Roberts and the item # is 75-0587. Hope you can find one! ~Anj

o

Unable to find the snowman - - - Was there any additional information on the packaging??

thanks,
Clarice

o

He looks simple to cut out with a jig saw, or scroll saw, if you do that sort of thing.
I sometimes copy a picture and make a pattern for something I really want. (never to sell). And depending on size I want, I divide a photo like this into 3 or 4 sections then print each one out to the "full page" size. Tape them together and trace on the wood.

I usually lurk here, LOL, I can barely paint walls much less anything decorative. I sure admire those with paint talent tho.

Karen

o

Hi Karen, you know you are very welcome here! Glad you enjoy seeing all the projects. I think you have more painting talent than you give yourself credit for--I've seen some of your projects. :o) Luvs

o

Sorry Clarice...no other info. If you know how to use a saw you could probably cut one out for yourself or since the holiday crafts are starting to show up in the stores, check out your local Roberts Craft stores as it gets closer to Winter and maybe they'll have more of them this year or something comparable??

Hi Karen...quit lurking!! We'd enjoy chatting with you even if you don't post projects! ~Anj

o

Anj, do you have a crafts store called Roberts? Gosh, all we have here is Michael's and Joanne's. When we visit family in the Midwest, I always make it a point to visit their Hobby Lobby. If I ever get through SLC again, I'll have to be sure I find a Robert's to visit! LOL

Luvs

o

Oh yes Luvs. We do. I didn't realize they weren't everywhere. Here's a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roberts Arts and Crafts

o

Thanks for the info. Anj. I didn't realize Roberts was a craft store. I looked on their website, but did not find a tab or search button for viewing their products.

Clarice

o

Thanks, Anj. Nice to know there are other craft stores around. I'll keep this one in mind for when we are traveling. Do you find their prices about the same as Michael's? Luvs

o

Yes Luvs, they are along the same lines as Michaels and comparable pricing, but different products. I guess after looking at the site they are only here in Utah. Bummer.
=( ~Anj

o

Anj, I love your snowman. What a cutie. I need to go paint after seeing all of your nice projects.

o

Thank you phonegirl. =) ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here