Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter faces to make me smile!

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 29, 09 at 19:52

Got this tray for 99 cents at the TS and thought this design by Chris Thornton-Deason from the October 2009 issue of Painting magazine would look cute on it. I love projects with cute little faces--they make me smile. ;o)

Luvs

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter faces to make me smile!

Well Luvs, what a fun project and a fantastic price on your tray also. You are just so into your painting lately and I'm just loving it. Thanks so much for posting all the great projects your painting. This will make everyone SMILE.

Punk

o

Thanks Punk, I'm glad you are enjoying them. So nice to be able to share pics of projects here and get words of encouragement to keep me motivated! ;o) Luvs

o

Well, Ice cream and snowmen.....what's not to love!! ha I think this is just the cutest thing. Just love their little black boots and their leafy fingers. Too darn cute. Your snow drifts are excellent and love your snowflakes. You are gonna be up to Punk speed if you keep this up. Seems like you got that one done super quick! =D ~Anj

o

So, so cute!! This would go perfect in my kitchen during the holidays. I didn't pick up any painting magazines yet so I guess I had better get out there and get a few. As always, Luvs, you did a great job. Love the smiling faces also. Very happy guys.

o

Very sweet, never thought of snowmen & ice cream cones very cool together!! nice job painting!! Jan

o

Luvs...I really have missed a lot of pictures! Your tray is so totally awesome! So much depth with your shading, almost gives me a chill! And the snowflakes or are they night stars, either way they are great. And ditto to all of the above!!!!!

I noticed this piece in the magazine but it wasn't as alive and sparkling as yours! Well done!

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here