Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Santa Tray

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 30, 09 at 19:28

I decided since I would be stuck in the house today, I would paint a santa on my tray I've had for a long time. I really like the way it turned out and I have alot more santas I want to paint, so hope all of you don't get tired of santas this year.
I will be heading to the fair this coming week so won't be able to join the fun so thought I'd post one last project before I go. When I start painting, I never want to quit but have to go finish laundry and DH needs a hair cut tonight also.

Take Care and I'll check back when I can. Punk

Closeup of Santa Tray
Santa Tray 2009

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Santa Tray

He turned out wonderful Punk. I just can't believe you painted that whole tray in just a part of a day! So many details on just the Santa, let alone all the candies and lettering around him. I never get tired of seeing santas so just paint them to your heart's content gal. ;o) Good luck at the fair, I know it will be a nice change in your normal routine and you'll make it a fun time. You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back. Luvs

o

Wow, Punk. That Santa face is awesome! Love the beard and hat fur detail. That is just a gorgeous tray with the black background....just makes those candies pop. I love it. I love red too so this is just beautiful to me. Never get tired of Santas! =)~Anj

o

I know what you mean about having to quit painting to do something else. Once I get started I don't like to stop. Your Santa face is darling and I just love the candy!!

o

YEAAA...I finally found the photo gallery you all have been talking about...I love anything santa! This just beautiful! Your painting is immaculate! Love it!

o

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments on my tray. It was a fun project and I'll try to get back soon with some details. I've had two weeks of running and will have at least one more and then I'll try to get back to the painting also.

Cyndimac, so happy you made it over here and hope you will post more with us. Thanks so much for the encouraging words and glad you liked my tray.

Punk

o

Very nice! The candies & candy canes look so real! Lovely tray to serve goodies on at Christmas! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here