Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Santa Tray

phonegirl
14 years ago

I decided since I would be stuck in the house today, I would paint a santa on my tray I've had for a long time. I really like the way it turned out and I have alot more santas I want to paint, so hope all of you don't get tired of santas this year.

I will be heading to the fair this coming week so won't be able to join the fun so thought I'd post one last project before I go. When I start painting, I never want to quit but have to go finish laundry and DH needs a hair cut tonight also.

Take Care and I'll check back when I can. Punk

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

He turned out wonderful Punk. I just can't believe you painted that whole tray in just a part of a day! So many details on just the Santa, let alone all the candies and lettering around him. I never get tired of seeing santas so just paint them to your heart's content gal. ;o) Good luck at the fair, I know it will be a nice change in your normal routine and you'll make it a fun time. You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back. Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Wow, Punk. That Santa face is awesome! Love the beard and hat fur detail. That is just a gorgeous tray with the black background....just makes those candies pop. I love it. I love red too so this is just beautiful to me. Never get tired of Santas! =)~Anj

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

I know what you mean about having to quit painting to do something else. Once I get started I don't like to stop. Your Santa face is darling and I just love the candy!!

• cyndimac
    14 years ago

YEAAA...I finally found the photo gallery you all have been talking about...I love anything santa! This just beautiful! Your painting is immaculate! Love it!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments on my tray. It was a fun project and I'll try to get back soon with some details. I've had two weeks of running and will have at least one more and then I'll try to get back to the painting also.

Cyndimac, so happy you made it over here and hope you will post more with us. Thanks so much for the encouraging words and glad you liked my tray.

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Very nice! The candies & candy canes look so real! Lovely tray to serve goodies on at Christmas! Jan