Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Rose Cake Pan

phonegirl
14 years ago

I finally painted on this cake pan so thought I'd share with all of you. I've been so busy haven't had much time to pick up a brush this summer so whipped this out in a hurry last night and this morning. Should of taken more time painting it. I can still add if I want before I clear coat it. Punk

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Punk.....sure wish I could "whip" up something this lovely! It is a cute pan but you have added just the right touches to make it just perfect!

Gotta find me some tins and plate and and and and .....

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Belle,

Thanks for your sweet comment. I think you could whip up anything your little heart would desire.LOL I have several platters I found that were my mothers so I think I'll paint one for my brother for his 25th anniversary next month. I don't want to paint anything on it thats related to the 25th but not sure what I should paint on it. Any ideas. DSis also gave me several so I have plenty to paint on. I hope you find some fun things to paint on. Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

What a neat cake tin you found! And your design is just perfect for it too! You know I always love anything with roses. Love the variety of leaves you painted on it too--your leaves always look good. You and Belle are such "fast" painters. You just decide you're going to paint something and you "get er done". Good for you!

I have a cake tin started--no whipping them out here! I keep looking at it trying to decide what I want to do. I have to be careful because sometimes when I paint one stroke flowers, I get too carried away and do too many, like I did on my little trashcan for the bathroom. And I can't decide if I want to paint the fluffy roses or just some rose buds. DH keeps seeing it sitting there and saying "when are you going to finish this?", and I reply "when I'm in the right mood". LOL

Well this was such a nice surprise to find this morning. You've been so busy, I wasn't expecting you to find any painting time until Fall! Did it feel good to pick up a brush again? Can't wait to see your platters. ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Luvs,

I say paint whatever your little heart desires and it will be great. I did have fun painting for a couple days. Hope I will be able to get back to painting and contribute more here. I truly enjoy this forum and want to be a part of it. Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

That is a pretty neat cake pan by itself, but you made it really special. Love the way it turned out. And still jealous of the "whipping things out". ha Great job Punk. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anj,

Thanks and don't be jealous, sometimes my whippping something out shows it's true color.LOL I'm sure I've painted alot more than you and it all comes with practice, more practice and did I mention practice or desire. Wish I had more time to paint but work seems to take preference in my life for now. Punk