Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween sign

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 08 at 15:36

Here's a little sign I got painted up for Halloween. I'm going to do a Thanksgiving pic on the back of it--will take up less storage space that way!

This is derived from a wooden bowl pattern in the new October 2008 Painting magazine that just came in the mail. Design is by Kathy Jakopovich. Sure wish my painting was even half as good as her's--but at least I try. ;o)

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween sign

What a cute project, Luvs. That little ghost made me smile too as I looked at her. Your pumpkin has a cute face also. Smart thinking to paint a Thanksgiving scene on the back. Be sure to post when you finish it. Always enjoy seeing your paintings.

o

Got just a sec to pop in and yay! projects!! ha What a cute project. I got over to the library for a few minutes the other day and did get to look thru the painting magazines and I saw this. Glad you got a chance to paint it. Yours looks great, very colorful and fun with the yoyo spideybugs. ha If you paint a Thanksgiving design on the back how will you hang it? A hole with a ribbon knotted thru it so it can be turned? I'm curious cause it's a good idea. I've done both sides of fan blades like that, but there were already holes for hanging them. ~Anj

o

I finally made it over to this forum. Really cute Halloween project & will be "double cute" with Thanksgiving project on back. Great idea-less space to store it!! Thanks for the idea!! I like cute faces too, don't want to scare the kiddies! Hope to see the back soon! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here