Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Patriotic Tray

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 2, 09 at 12:41

Finished this after reworking the pattern, things just were not equal in the pattern and I like well balanced. Lady Liberty was done several years ago but works well with the tray. I put together a patriotic pail with flowers and "stuff" but it just didn't match the colors so I will repaint the pail and "antique" the flowers to tone them down and try it again.

Lady Liberty & Tray

Fireworks Tray

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Patriotic Tray

Belle,
What a wonderful project you ended up with. Great job on redoing to make it fit. I love the fireworks on the inside of the tray and your lady liberty makes it complete. Punk

o

Ooooh Belle!! They are both awesome! The Americana junkie in me is going wild. ha Are the stars on the tray raised? It's cool! Lady Liberty is a cutie. Both very nice projects and I like them together too. =D ~Anj

o

Belle, I just love the way your fireworks on the tray turned out. Makes me want to say "ooh" and "ahh". That little Liberty gal is a cutie too. So glad you have had some time to paint again. Can't wait to see what you will paint next. ;o) Luvs

o

Thank you for the kinds words....you do have a way of making a body feel good!

I was on my way to put the tray away and DH suggested I keep it out, so it is sitting on my antique sewing machine with Lady Liberty atop....looks.....OK

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here