Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

fall scarecrows

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Finished this little plaque up last night. Just need to spray seal it and drill a couple holes for hanging it. I plan to just put a curled wire for the hanger and maybe tie a few fabric scraps on the wire for some color.

This design is by Diane Marie Kellogg in the October 2009 issure of Painting magazine and is shown on one of those flower bed pavers. Those are so heavy to store, so thought I'd just do a little sign to hang on my side gate when Fall arrives.

Okay, I just have to say that while this looked like a really simple quick design--I found that it took me quite sometime with all the shading and details. Thought I'd just "whip it out" in one day, but instead it took me two days or about six to eight hours total! Either it was harder than it looked, or I am really getting slow! LOL

Enjoy!

Luvs

Comments (6)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,
    So happy to come here and find another projecd you completed. Your scarecrows are cute with their harvested fruits. Sorry it took longer than you wanted but it turned out great so was worth the extra time you had to put into it.

Your visitors will enjoy seeing something new for fall on your gate. I don't know that I've ever heard of Diane Marie Kellogg but she came up with a cute design for this.

Keep up the painting. Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Luvs......I love them! They bring a smile and that it the best anyone can do! The eyes and crooked smiles are super!

And you did it so quickly! Would have taken me days and days!
    I have that copy of Painting mag., and I didn't notice them, now I'm going back and take a second look...bet yours are better cause I would have noticed these.

Belle

• anjabee
    14 years ago

What a really cute little sign that is....and look how awesome your letters look. Shading and hilites are great! Fruits and veggies look good and love the scarecrows cute little faces. Seems like you whipped it out pretty fast to me. ha

Loved seeing all the fun projects!! We are starting to pick up again and I love it!! ~Anj

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Luvs, these are just too cute. I never paint for fall, I guess I start Christmas in July so I never think to stop and do something for the fall holidays. You sure did this fast.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Such a cute little scarecrow trio!! Wish I could shade like you did on the letters! Beautiful!! Jan

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Jan, nice to see you over here--I often read your posts on GJ. ;o) Luvs