Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Fall In Love Platter

phonegirl
14 years ago

Here's a little platter I painted for DB for their 25th anniversary. He has plenty of money so I just needed something to let them know I care. He will be taking DW on a trip for a week somewhere.

This is by Susan Kelley and is in her book All Things Possible 2 if anyone cares. Punk

Comments (9)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Very cute! I'm sure your DB and SIL will be pleased. Aren't those trays fun to paint on? And they can be displayed on easels or even hung on the wall if you add those little stick on hangers to the back. This design sure had allot of linework and other details didn't it? And you just whipped it right out in one evening? Amazing! Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Absolutely adorable! The adoring eyes with their flirting lashes! And I love the design above the lettering. I charrish anything "made by hand" that is given to me so I am sure they will too, personal gifts are far to rare.

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luvs and Belle,
    Thanks for the sweet comments. This was a fun project and the wheat arch above took a whole 15 minutes to paint. Have you ever painted any of this? It was my first and will not be my last due to the fact it is so fast.

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Fur cute!! Your brother will love it. I do love the wheat arch as well. Can't believe you did that so fast. I'd have been working on just the wheat for days. Ok, ya'll keep coming up with these cute trays and I'm gonna have to see what my TS has to offer in that section. ha You'll have to let us know what they say about it Punk. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anj, you silly girl, you should try the wheat. It's so fast to paint. Glad you liked it and hope DB and SIL will too. You should try painting on some trays if you can find them.

This was one of our mothers so not sure if I should of painted it black but it's done now.LOL I'll let you know what they think. Their DD will be coming to stay next month for a while with us so that will be fun. Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

OK...so I'm gonna ask...where did you learn to paint the wheat or is there a pattern instructions out there somewhere?

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Belle, Ok..... I'm busted!

The correct way to paint it is to doubleload a flat brush and keep it up on the chisel edge. Touch bristles to the surface and slide the bristles slightly,then lift. I used a round brush cuz it was faster for me and I never cleaned my brush. I just kept on picking up different colors and painted from the center down each side.

Hope this helps and I'm sure you'll like doing it the proper way. I've never been good at following directions unless I can't get a look I like.LOL Try it and let me know what kind of brush works for you.

This is in the book of Susan Kelleys as stated above. The arch was right above the couple, so I moved it up and added "Fall in Love". That's the only altering to above picture on platter that was done. Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

A nice keepsake of their anniversary!! Very cute!! Jan

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Punk...finally got a few minutes to try the wheat. I tried it first with the flat brush and YUCK pretty much sez it all. Then I changed to a round brush and they turned out more like yours. Silly me used one color so it was flatter looking, but DH looked at my sheet and knew what I was painting.

Thanks for the tip!

Belle