Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting teaser

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 14, 09 at 2:18

Started painting another tray. This one had already been basecoated so couldn't get a "before" shot for you, but I thought I'd post this little "teaser" and make you wait to see the finished project.

This is at about the point where I like to go spray a coat of Krylon matte on it so that if I mess up and need to remove any of the details that I paint on top of this, it won't erase the basecoated part.

Luvs

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting teaser

Love the teaser!! It's gonna be so cute....I can tell!! It's gonna be fun seeing all the new fall things everyone does. =D ~Anj

o

Luvs....looking good. I have used a spray on sealer between layers and it really helps me. Can hardly wait to see the end results.

We stopped a Garage Sale today and my first thought was "find something to paint on" Silly sale was all guy stuff. Well almost, I paid $2.00 for a beautiful old- really old - mirror. I remember my GGM having one over her bathroom sink. Now I have to figure out where to put it.

Belle

o

Oh, that's gonna be a cool one. Scarecrow with acorns? Am I right? And are you going to keep posting as you paint? Fun, Fun. Hope you hurry and finish it cuz I'm excited to see the finished project. Punk

o

Yep, Punk, you are right. It's a design by Laurie Speltz from an October 2005 Painting magazine. See I told you I keep allot of my old magazines and refer back to them at least seasonally.

Belle, you'll have to share a picture of your mirror with us. I love finding a bargain at GS, YS, and TS. Of course, the thrill of the hunt is the best part! ;o)

Anj, I knew you would enjoy the suspense of a little teaser. LOL

Thanks for your patience, here's the final project.

Luvs

Photobucket

o

Luvs, your tray is adorable. Wonderful painting job. I like everything about it. Hope your ready to start the next project. I'm ready to see it. LOL Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here