Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Christmas in July project

anjabee
13 years ago

Here are my Americana Santa's. The design is by Phyllis Tilford from a Feb 1997 Decorative Woodcrafts mag. I just painted them on some wood blocks. The originals were on small barrel staves. Hope ya'll like em. =) I do!! Ya'll know I'm crazy about Americana! ~Anj

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Excellent job on the fur, Anj, it actually looks soft and furry. They are very nice, and we all need to be more patriotic these days. For some reason, their hats make me think "Russia". LOL Know you will enjoy displaying these. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Luvs! That fur is just done with an old stippler brush mixed with different colors and pounced on. I was kinda surprised at how good it turned out too! ha I didn't have any of the colors called for in the design except white so I'm glad it all came together. I was thinking the same thing about the hats....Russia. Looks warm though, may need to get me one for the winters here. ha

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Anj, great to have you back and your santas are darling. Great job painting! The flag looks like it's made out of material and blowing a little. I love their faces and the noses are so different, made me smile seeing these. I also like the fur and beards.

Punk

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

The first thing that caught my eye was the fur and the highlights. Then the stripes on the ribbon. I had to go back and check out their noses because I thought it was just one painting at first - but hey, it is still early here and I have only been up a few minutes. Takes me a while to really wake up. They are just the cutest ever, Anj. I always think of you when I seen Americana.

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Anj......they are fantastic! What size is the blocks? The fur actually looks like it has direction, super! And the beards looks so curly. Just plain awesome!

Belle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Punk, Bebe and Belle! I'm sure glad ya'll liked em. I'm always nervous when I haven't painted for a while! Belle~ the blocks are just some pieces of wood that I picked up at the TS cheap. They are about 9x4 I think. About the same size as the ones in the pattern, but the pattern called for small barrel staves. Have no idea where you'd get those. ha

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022