Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Painted border on placemats

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Here's a quick pic of the rose borders I painted on some placemats while on our motor home trip. Quick and easy project using one stroke painting. Now I need to set a pretty tablescape so I can share them on the Holiday forum too! ;o) Luvs

Comments (10)

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Oh wow! Those turned out really good! I like them a lot. You'll have to let us know when you use them in a table setting over on Holidays so we can see them in action!! Look at you getting stuff painted on vacation. ha You go girl! ha
    ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,
    Your placemats turned out beautiful. That's alot of roses you painted. Woohoo! I can hardly wait to see them in a tablescap also, so let us know when to check it out.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's taking me awhile to get pictures taken and posted. When I do a table with these, I'll try to remember to just post it here for the two of you to see. I have some pink plates, and my new little pitcher with a rose on the front. I'll have to see what I can put together. I went ahead and posted this same pic on Holidays so they could see them--even though I know they will want a whole tablescape with them.

Punk, I just did all of these freehand, and was laughing when I started counting how many roses were on each one. Some had more, some had less--probably nobody would notice but me! LOL

Anj, these were painted on a day when DH wanted a little r&r from visiting family and doing stuff. It ended up being a nice rainy day, so he watched television and napped while I sit and contently painted away on these. I don't usually like painting multiples, but these were easy ones.

Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I played with some dishes to use with my placemats. I'm not that great at tablescapes, but I do enjoy trying to put them together. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Luvs

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Oh, Luvs, what a neat idea. And they match up with the other things on the table so well. I think we must all be partial to pink and especially pink roses. They are so pretty - was it hard painting while hubby was driving?

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No painting while hubby was driving, Bebe. I did these one day when it was raining and hubby just wanted to stay in and watch television and nap! Rain always sounds magnified on the roof of the motorhome and I love it--was very cozy sitting there painting. Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

How pretty!! Great job Luvs. Have you shown your table buddies?? ha Are you making DH eat that way tonight? My DH would be making cracks about all the pink draining his manliness or something and he'd be talking like a girl. hahaha He's such an idiot. ha I used to have a flower bedspread and he went on and on about it until I finally got rid of it. ha Now I just have boring brown. ha It's really pretty so you should enjoy it for a while.....at least until you have to go with the red white and blue this weekend. =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You're right on about enjoying until the weekend. However, all my 4th decorations are outside and if the "kids" come over, it will just be burgers and hot dogs on the grill--paper or plastic plates, etc. LOL

I think my DH has gotten used to me loving things with roses on them. I used to keep them confined to just the guest room, but they've been spreading into other rooms lately! ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,

How Fun! Your table with place mats turned out wonderful. Thanks so much for posting for us to enjoy. Some day I will try a tablescape but I'll need help with part of it I'm sure and I know just who to ask.

Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

My, I have been absent for a long time if you are talking about the 4th and I haven't seen them before.

Did you base paint all of the mat or was the finish white? Was it hard to paint on the rough surface? They are sure elegant and your table scape is awesome.

Belle

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA