Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Jars

luvstocraft
15 years ago

I've always hated to throw away nice jars and cans--but you can only keep so much! Here's a couple of pickle jars that I decided to repurpose. Fun and easy to paint with One Stroke flowers. Luvs

Comments (6)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Wow! They are bigger than I thought...or is it just the picture? Really pretty! I love how you did the lid. So now what are you going to put in them? My thoughts always run to candy....ha but were you able to get the pickle smell out? Maybe something like Atomic Fireballs or Peppermints would overpower the pickle. ha They are really pretty so I hope you find a good use for them. Maybe a bath salts holder?? :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, Anj, you made me laugh out loud! No pickle smell--just ran them through the dishwasher. LOL

I wouldn't dare put candy in them--they'd be empty all the time anyway since I'd keep eating it. I'm thinking of using them in the craft room for small supplies. We'll see. Jars are so fun and easy to paint, aren't they?

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Well,I'm not crazy really. ha I'll tell you why I said that...my MIL gave me a pickle jar because it had some raised glass decorations on it and even after running it thru the dishwasher a few times it still has that pickle smell. I think it's soaked into the rubbery rim on the lid though. I guess I thought they would all have that problem. ha Glad yours is smell free! That's a good idea to use them for supply storage. I just bought one of those multi-drawer (about 30) hardware boxes...you know the ones men use for all their loose screws. hahaha I've been trying to go thru all my craft stuff and separate out all my little wooden pieces and pompoms & such. So far it's working good. Yours is much prettier. ha ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love those multi drawer bins. Have two on my painting counter with everything from buttons to plaster ornaments in them. Like that they are clear in front so you can sort of see what is inside. I was just thinking the other day about needing to sort through them and seeing what all is in there. These jars might work better for bathroom storage--cotton balls, q-tips, etc. If I figure out how to do the ones that leave a clear see through shape on the front--those would be better for craft supplies.

Try either baking soda or lemon juice on your pickle jar ring--hopefully that will neutralize the smell. ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Beautiful job on your one stroke roses. Thanks for painting and sharing. I enjoy looking at your projects and reading all your fun posts.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad you enjoy them Phonegirl. We are soooo glad to have you joining in here with us, so nice to have more people making comments, chatting, and posting pics. Luvs

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert