Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jars

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 12:38

I've always hated to throw away nice jars and cans--but you can only keep so much! Here's a couple of pickle jars that I decided to repurpose. Fun and easy to paint with One Stroke flowers. Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jars

Wow! They are bigger than I thought...or is it just the picture? Really pretty! I love how you did the lid. So now what are you going to put in them? My thoughts always run to candy....ha but were you able to get the pickle smell out? Maybe something like Atomic Fireballs or Peppermints would overpower the pickle. ha They are really pretty so I hope you find a good use for them. Maybe a bath salts holder?? :) ~Anj

o

Oh, Anj, you made me laugh out loud! No pickle smell--just ran them through the dishwasher. LOL

I wouldn't dare put candy in them--they'd be empty all the time anyway since I'd keep eating it. I'm thinking of using them in the craft room for small supplies. We'll see. Jars are so fun and easy to paint, aren't they?

Luvs

o

Well,I'm not crazy really. ha I'll tell you why I said that...my MIL gave me a pickle jar because it had some raised glass decorations on it and even after running it thru the dishwasher a few times it still has that pickle smell. I think it's soaked into the rubbery rim on the lid though. I guess I thought they would all have that problem. ha Glad yours is smell free! That's a good idea to use them for supply storage. I just bought one of those multi-drawer (about 30) hardware boxes...you know the ones men use for all their loose screws. hahaha I've been trying to go thru all my craft stuff and separate out all my little wooden pieces and pompoms & such. So far it's working good. Yours is much prettier. ha ~Anj

o

I love those multi drawer bins. Have two on my painting counter with everything from buttons to plaster ornaments in them. Like that they are clear in front so you can sort of see what is inside. I was just thinking the other day about needing to sort through them and seeing what all is in there. These jars might work better for bathroom storage--cotton balls, q-tips, etc. If I figure out how to do the ones that leave a clear see through shape on the front--those would be better for craft supplies.

Try either baking soda or lemon juice on your pickle jar ring--hopefully that will neutralize the smell. ;o)

Luvs

o

Beautiful job on your one stroke roses. Thanks for painting and sharing. I enjoy looking at your projects and reading all your fun posts.

o

Glad you enjoy them Phonegirl. We are soooo glad to have you joining in here with us, so nice to have more people making comments, chatting, and posting pics. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here