Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherwoodva

Stencile Bath

sherwoodva
14 years ago

We were in Charlottesville this weekend, so I haven't been painting. Here are pix of my basement bath. DH was an IT contractor in the '90s and was working long hours. With so much time on my hands, I kinda went overboard, smile. The "birdhouse" hides the water pipes. One day, I will paint it. Right now, it just has primer.

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

CC,

I love your walls and can hardly wait to see your birdhouse painted. Did you make the birdhouse? Is it a bath tissue holder?

Those walls must of taken alot of time to complete. You have such a neat home and thanks so much for sharing with us. Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Your stenciling is wonderful, you did such a great job with the shading on it. That really makes such a lovely wall in a bathroom, I'd probably not want to leave until I'd seen even design! LOL

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Fantastic! What a fantastic bathroom! It must have been a labor of love....I can only imagine the time it took to complete, all of the colors are so great. Brings a new meaning to stencils.

Belle

• sherwoodva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the compliments, all. Yes, it did take a while. The title of the post was supposed to be "Stenciled Bath" but I posted too late last night to type. I repeated and reversed the stencils to make it seem varied. Clouds were sponged on.

Punk, DH made the birdhouse to hide the water pipes. I painted the roof, but never got around to painting the house. Couldn't find a pattern, and my freehand attempts are not reliable, LOL!

The first floor bath has tile half way up the walls; I only stenciled the doors. This is our basement bath, so it didn't get as much tile, just the floor and the shower. The walls give me a lift every time I see them - guess the work was worth it.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

CC,

If you can't come up with anything else, why not stencil the birdhouse with the iris or one of the other flowers to blend it in. If I remember right your great at sponging and that would look nice also. Your creative so I'm sure with time you'll figure it out. I bet your bath does lite up your life every time you walk in there. So clean and refreshing. Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

That must have taken a long time CC, but it turned out great. I was thinking the same as Punk on the birdhouse....stencil a couple of the same flowers on it and you could also do one of the birds on it as well. It's nice to have a smile when you see it. I stenciled the ceiling of my bathtub enclosure with blue skies, lattice and ivy where my parents live now and I loved looking up and seeing that every day. =) Felt like I was showering outdoors. ha ~Anj

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

This is lovely. I have been a painter for many years and have never painted on my own walls!! This just might inspire me to do so now. You did a really great job and I imagine it took a while to finish.

• luthien
    14 years ago

oh my! that's amazing! makes such a difference :) and my gosh... the stencils even have color blending! mine are usually so mono color...

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator