Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
learningtopaint_gw

trying to post a picture of my stepping stone

learningtopaint
15 years ago

Here is the picture of my stepping stone. It didn't turn out to bad.

Sue

Comments (8)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Sue!! I don't think it turned out bad at all! Your tiger looks wonderful. Those eyes are really good. Kinda give me the creeps to see them peeking out of the foilage at me. ha So where does he live now? Do you have him in your house or have you put him in the garden? I think you did an excellent job. I've found that painting on stone is hard. Did you do anything to yours before you started painting? I probably should have sealed mine before I started. It soaked up the paint like crazy. Did you have a problem with that?
    I'm so glad you got your picture to post! We look forward to seeing more projects from you now! ~Anj

• gail1055
    15 years ago

You did a really good job. Not only does the tiger look great but the leaves look real. I would think painting on stone is much harder than wood. Gail

• learningtopaint
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi again
    Thank you for the kind words. This one rock didn't turn out to bad. I find though that it isn't really my idea of tole painting. The leaves should have been done from the back to the front,and they should have been double loaded. But it was my third attempt at the thing and I just wanted it done.

I gave it to a friend up the road for her birthday. I told her it was a stepping stone but she has it up against a tree so no one will step on it.

All I do with the rocks is clean them with soap and water and vinager. They I use my spray sealer, and base coat. Then the fun and frustration begins.

My hubby was the one who figured out how to do the pictures. It took him about an hour and a half. He said he was tired and that was why it took so long to figure it out. I told him it was because he didn't read the directions. Why do men have such a problem with directions?? haha

The next pictures I'm going to post will be bad things I have done. That way everyone can have a good laugh and see what NOT to do.

Well thanks again for the kind words.
    Sue

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Sue, you did really good on this tiger. And the way the eyes really look like they are "behind" the leaves, it is a bit of a surprise when you focus in on them! LOL I'm glad your friend is not going to walk on it--too neat for that!

I assure you, no one here will laugh at any of your attempts. We all had to start somewhere. Even after all these years, some of my projects turn out really good--and other's I just shake my head and start over on them! LOL

So glad you were able to post the pic. Did your DH use the "tutorial" Anj put together for all of us? It's on the Discussion side.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

I really like the tiger and I'm sure your friend will enjoy it for a long time. So glad you posted a picture. It'll be nice to see your projects your making. I love looking at rocks people paint on so I hope u post some of them too.

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

I just saw the tiger stepping stone today and had to comment!!
    You did a very nice job, the tiger looks real and the leaves are beautiful. When you do a new painting, post pics. everyone loves to see them. Glad to know so many people do painting. it is a soul satisfying thing for me. Happy Painting!!!!

• calirose
    15 years ago

AHA!!! Sue!
    I found this one. It is a wonderful tiger and I would have liked to have seen more of him and a few less leaves! It looks so realistic to see him peering through the leaves though.

Beautiful!
    Rhonda

• learningtopaint
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Rhonda
    Thank you very much for the kind words. If you read any of the other posts I did you will know that I try to paint. I enjoy it but don't feel I am up to the level of most of you. But that is okay we all start somewhere.
    Paintinggirl.....I'm getting ready to post a few more things I have painted. For some reason there never seems to be enough hours in a day to get all the things done that you want to. Thank you for all the encouragement.
    Thanks to all
    Sue