Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
retiree43

Attempting to post pictures . . .

retiree43
15 years ago

Been reading posts and looking at your pictures for a while now. Retired two years ago - took my first painting lesson same week. Going to try to post pictures of some things I have painted. Hope they show up.

Clarice

Image link:

Comments (10)

• retiree43
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, that didn't go quite right did it!!! Now that I've found and saved Anjabee's instructions for uploading pics (should have gone there first) I'll try to upload more pics later today.

:>)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I see a picture of a beautiful picture frame, Retiree43. Isn't that what you were trying to post? It is beautiful. Come on back and show us more please? Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I see it too! Very pretty, love the colors you used. Glad to have you posting Clarice! Don't be shy now! You know we want to see more! TFS ~Anj

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

The picture frame is beautiful! Please show more. Love to see pics of everybody's work. Painting is fun isn't it? Happy painting!!

• learningtopaint
    15 years ago

I like everyone else, love the frame. The colors are beautiful. I really like your leaves. I still can't do leaves. Yours are perfect. Great job.
    Sue

• retiree43
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Waaa Hoo !! I did it. I'm so proud. Who said you can't teach an old dog a new trick.

Clarice :>)

One Stroke project - my third - I painted flowers on one of my T-shirts:

Painted this picture matte for a new friend:

My first attempt to paint the Wild Rose (O.S.):

Practice sheet from one of my earliest classes; Goldenrod and cherry tree branch:

Flower Pot for my granddaughter - side one

Flower Pot for my granddaughter - side two

Hibiscus - my first Bob Ross Wet-on-Wet Oil Painting class - pardon the glare from the camera flash.

This little plastic container used to hold Crystal Lite packets - now it's my Q-tip holder.

Wildflowers that grow along side of the highway.

Cloth grocery bag with a Cherry tree branch painted on the backside.
    {{!gwi}}

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you had posted more pictures on this thread. I guess nobody else did either or I'm sure they'd have commented. For first tries on some of those you really did a great job. Love all the flowers, but my favorite is the Hibiscus! It's awesome. I just planted 2 in my yard. I hope they look as pretty as your painting! ha They all look really nice! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Gosh, guess I thought I'd already posted on this one and didn't come back again either. Sorry about that Retiree, all of these are great. I agree, your hibiscus is awesome! You are really doing great with your painting. Did you enjoy the Bob Ross class? I just started saving some of those Crystal Light containers too, aren't they cute? Luvs

• retiree43
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, Luvs, I really enjoyed the Bob Ross class. I've taken two more classes and fine them exciting. I am now saving those tall containers the coffee creamer comes in(found in the dairy case). I plan to paint snowmen or a snow family on them.

Clarice

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I like to recycle containers too. But I have to admit that I sometimes don't know what to do with them after I do! Just seems such a shame to throw away a cute container when it could be spruced up and repurposed. Have you seen my painted pickle jar post? Love to do Christmas designs on them too.

I sure wish there were more painting shows on television. I love to watch Bob Ross paint. Hmmm, I wonder if there is a U tube of him? Will have to look. D. Dewberry is on some PBS stations, but we don't get her here. I have some of her videos, one by Delane Lange and a Donna Spiegel one. Sometimes, especially when I'm sick, I like to just pop one in and watch them paint away. ;o)

Hope you will keep coming back to visit with us. And we love seeing all your projects.

Luvs

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor