Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Secret Garden sign

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Here's my little garden sign. Thought it was kinda cute with the snail and ladybug, so I painted it up and hung it over on my sideyard gate. I actually painted two of them, sometimes I find it just as easy to do two as one--then I have things on hand for gifts when needed. Enjoy. Luvs

Comments (3)

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

I love your sign! Do you cut your own wood for pieces like this? We have woodworking tools, but I have never tried to cut anything-scared of the saws!! I have had a good time looking at all the wonderful things on this forum. You are a talented lady!!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

That is so stinkin cute. I LOVE that snail! ha Very very cute and it looks great on your gate. Keep it up hun, you are on a roll! Your DH needs to take those late jobs more often. teehee We all love to see your new projects!

paintgirl-I was scared of my saw too, but with a lot of encouragement from Luvs, I have started using it. Mine is like using a sewing machine, but not as fast. I've got the blade speed turned down as far as it will go. ha You'll just have to get one like mine that's not so scary! It's kinda fun to use. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Paintgirl, I do cut my own wood. It is so nice to not have to order or pay big bucks for the wood piece to do a project. And I love the smell of the wood. I'm sure not an expert, but it truly is just a matter of following the lines just like you would with a sewing machine. And it only cuts when you push the wood against the blade, so you can stop and start as often as you need too. I still prefer rather simple shapes--not the really detailed ones where you have to drill a hole and then insert your blade through it. Too impatient for all of that stuff! LOL I also have a belt sander that makes it quick and easy to smooth the edges and eliminate the need for hand sanding. (And don't feel like you have to have an expensive scroll saw either---after years and years of wanting, I finally bought one of the high end ones with my last bonus check from work. It's nice, but lots of times I still prefer my old saw.) Luvs