Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bread Box

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 08 at 23:52

This was an old bread box I had saved. Today since it snowed all afternoon, I painted. I plan to take it to the cabin.Bread Box

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bread Box

I used to have a bread box similar to yours--wasn't nearly as pretty as your's is now though. ;o)

Luvs

o

What a sweet paint job, nice decoration for an old breadbox. Keep up the good work. But gee, I am dying to know...snowed all afternoon? Where the heck are you located to have snow?

o

Gosh, I've never seen one of those painted before. It turned out great. I'd hate to wish more snow on anyone, but if it helps get more results like these then I might be tempted. ha ~Anj

o

THe bread box is very pretty and you did a great job. SNOW??? Bet it was pretty. I would love the snow if it didn't have to get so cold. I haven't seen snow in 14 years - that was the last time it snowed in Florida and it was only an inch but I was able to scrape enough off the cars to build a 12" snowman. At least it keeps you inside and painting.
B

o

I live in Montana, the Big Sky Country, where it snows later than I wanted it to this year. We got more today but it warmed up enough to melt most of it. More expected tomorrow. I had company most of the day so I didn't have much time to paint. I started a sign that says "Only God Can Make Flowers and Trees, I'm In Charge of Weeds and Seeds". I found some neon acrylic paint so I will use it for some flowers and leaves. Could be hideous, but I'll put it out in my gd playhouse if I don't want it in one of the garden areas. Gotta be different and try it. You are all so nice that I might not post it if I can't qiut laughing when it's done. I used these colors of paint in highschool, how about the rest of u?

o

Beautiful job! dont you just love takeing something old and makeing it beautiful agine!
TFS!
oddie

o

Love the breadbox. It's bright, and pretty, and cheery!

o

That is beautiful!!!
Good thing to do when you're stuck inside.
Diana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here