Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Bread Box

phonegirl
16 years ago

This was an old bread box I had saved. Today since it snowed all afternoon, I painted. I plan to take it to the cabin.

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

I used to have a bread box similar to yours--wasn't nearly as pretty as your's is now though. ;o)

Luvs

• citytransplant(zone5)
    16 years ago

What a sweet paint job, nice decoration for an old breadbox. Keep up the good work. But gee, I am dying to know...snowed all afternoon? Where the heck are you located to have snow?

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Gosh, I've never seen one of those painted before. It turned out great. I'd hate to wish more snow on anyone, but if it helps get more results like these then I might be tempted. ha ~Anj

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

THe bread box is very pretty and you did a great job. SNOW??? Bet it was pretty. I would love the snow if it didn't have to get so cold. I haven't seen snow in 14 years - that was the last time it snowed in Florida and it was only an inch but I was able to scrape enough off the cars to build a 12" snowman. At least it keeps you inside and painting.
    B

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I live in Montana, the Big Sky Country, where it snows later than I wanted it to this year. We got more today but it warmed up enough to melt most of it. More expected tomorrow. I had company most of the day so I didn't have much time to paint. I started a sign that says "Only God Can Make Flowers and Trees, I'm In Charge of Weeds and Seeds". I found some neon acrylic paint so I will use it for some flowers and leaves. Could be hideous, but I'll put it out in my gd playhouse if I don't want it in one of the garden areas. Gotta be different and try it. You are all so nice that I might not post it if I can't qiut laughing when it's done. I used these colors of paint in highschool, how about the rest of u?

• oddie
    16 years ago

Beautiful job! dont you just love takeing something old and makeing it beautiful agine!
    TFS!
    oddie

• oceanna
    15 years ago

Love the breadbox. It's bright, and pretty, and cheery!

• diarich
    15 years ago

That is beautiful!!!
    Good thing to do when you're stuck inside.
    Diana