Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here Comes Santa Claus

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 13, 10 at 21:54

Finished painting this ceramic Santa tray tonight. I've had this for years so it's great to have another project done except for varnishing.

Punk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here Comes Santa Claus

Wow! Punk....where to start.....you Santa is wonderful! The beard is just about the greatest I have ever seen! This nose is so soft and natural and the eyes...everthing is so great!

Thanks for sharing and doesn't it feel good to move things from the "to do" to done!

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

o

Belle, thanks for your sweet comments. I'm so happy every time I finish another project. I'm working on getting a craft room and that would be so wonderful.

Punk

o

I have found ceramics to be difficult to paint, but yours looks great. The shading on the cheeks is awesome. I like him a lot. And congrats on getting a long awaited project done. I have lots of those half finished projects that are sitting around calling me to get r done! ha It does feel good when you get them finally completed!

o

Thanks Anj, How long has it been since you tried painting on ceramics? I think you would be awesome painting on ceramics. Might want to give it another try if it's been awhile.

Now that I look at him, I think he could use some eye lashes. I didn't try it before because there is a ridge above his eyes. Might just have to go give it a whirl.

Punk

o

Oh gosh, how did I miss this? Guess I hadn't clicked over here for awhile. Neat Santa tray, would look really cute propped on an easel or even hung on the wall. You got just the perfect "blush" on his cheeks. A few eyelashes might be nice. His lips really stand out in the pic--probably because of the angle. I agree that the beard, mustache and eyebrows look fantastic. Glad you got another of your projects crossed off your list--I know how good that feels! ;o)

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here