Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer sign

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 21, 09 at 20:53

Here's another little oval sign I just painted. I still need to speckle it, but thought I'd go ahead and get a pic of it for you. I sprayed a coat of sealer on it, I like to do that before I speckle it so that if I mess up, I can just wipe it off and not ruin it.

This is a Laurie Speltz design, would be great on a basket if I had one the right size! LOL

Luvs

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer sign

Luvs,

Your sign turned out great. I really like the fuzzy bears and the ant is so cute. Your fruit turned out nice as well. I like the saying on it. Thanks for sharing and keep on paintin'

Punk

o

I like this, Luvs. The colors all go great together. I missed the ant at first, there is so much to look at. Your lettering looks perfect. Hope you find a basket. This is too nice to put away.

o

Aw, isn't that the cutest little scene! I love it! The fruit is shaded so nicely and how cute are those bears. ha Little ant is cute too. Yep, lettering looks great. I have a hard time with stars (they end up looking slanted) but yours look great. What a fun project and makes me want a picnic. ha ~Anj

o

Luvs, I don't have any of Laurie Speltz books but if you keep posting projects like this I may have to go shopping.LOL Didn't you get something of hers for Christmas? Is this from your Christmas gift you received?

Oh and by the way thanks for the two links you gave on the discussions. I enjoyed looking.

Punk

Punk

o

Luvs, this is really cute. I don't think I've seen any of her books, but I agree with Punk, this makes them seem tempting. I love the bears - they look so fuzzy and puzzled. They whole thing is so colorful - my kind of painting!

CC

o

Glad all of you enjoyed my little sign, I like doing this kind of thing, they make me smile. ;o) Glad you enjoyed the links Punk, I always keep an eye out for other painters. Luvs

o

Luvs,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the links. I never have enough time to browse on my own and find new painters. But I will look when given the link.

Punk

o

Luvs, you did a terrific job - as always. Wouldn't this look cute on a picnic basket? Love it.

o

Luvs,as always that is great,Love the whole thing,but the bears and the ant are my favs.
I havn't picked up a paint brush in forever,or anything else for that matter.
Kathi

o

Thanks Kathi. It's great to hear from you. If you are feeling better now maybe it's time to pick that paintbrush up again. You are a good painter, and I'd sure love to see more projects that you do. Luvs

o

Luvs.... How cute. I don't usually like bears but these are really great! They look so "frazzled" Your shading and highlighting is awesome!

Belle

o

Hi Belle, Frazzled is a good word, I thought maybe they were worried about that ant coming to their picnic! LOL Hope it gave you a smile, I enjoy doing these "cutesy" things because they make me happy! ;o)

Luvs

o

hahaha!!! this is a really cute sign luvs! the caption says it all... and coupled with the forlorn expressions on the faces... wicked! :))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here