Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Summer sign

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Here's another little oval sign I just painted. I still need to speckle it, but thought I'd go ahead and get a pic of it for you. I sprayed a coat of sealer on it, I like to do that before I speckle it so that if I mess up, I can just wipe it off and not ruin it.

This is a Laurie Speltz design, would be great on a basket if I had one the right size! LOL

Luvs

Comments (13)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs,

Your sign turned out great. I really like the fuzzy bears and the ant is so cute. Your fruit turned out nice as well. I like the saying on it. Thanks for sharing and keep on paintin'

Punk

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

I like this, Luvs. The colors all go great together. I missed the ant at first, there is so much to look at. Your lettering looks perfect. Hope you find a basket. This is too nice to put away.

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Aw, isn't that the cutest little scene! I love it! The fruit is shaded so nicely and how cute are those bears. ha Little ant is cute too. Yep, lettering looks great. I have a hard time with stars (they end up looking slanted) but yours look great. What a fun project and makes me want a picnic. ha ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs, I don't have any of Laurie Speltz books but if you keep posting projects like this I may have to go shopping.LOL Didn't you get something of hers for Christmas? Is this from your Christmas gift you received?

Oh and by the way thanks for the two links you gave on the discussions. I enjoyed looking.

Punk

Punk

• sherwoodva
    14 years ago

Luvs, this is really cute. I don't think I've seen any of her books, but I agree with Punk, this makes them seem tempting. I love the bears - they look so fuzzy and puzzled. They whole thing is so colorful - my kind of painting!

CC

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glad all of you enjoyed my little sign, I like doing this kind of thing, they make me smile. ;o) Glad you enjoyed the links Punk, I always keep an eye out for other painters. Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the links. I never have enough time to browse on my own and find new painters. But I will look when given the link.

Punk

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Luvs, you did a terrific job - as always. Wouldn't this look cute on a picnic basket? Love it.

• kathi_mdgd
    14 years ago

Luvs,as always that is great,Love the whole thing,but the bears and the ant are my favs.
    I havn't picked up a paint brush in forever,or anything else for that matter.
    Kathi

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Kathi. It's great to hear from you. If you are feeling better now maybe it's time to pick that paintbrush up again. You are a good painter, and I'd sure love to see more projects that you do. Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Luvs.... How cute. I don't usually like bears but these are really great! They look so "frazzled" Your shading and highlighting is awesome!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Belle, Frazzled is a good word, I thought maybe they were worried about that ant coming to their picnic! LOL Hope it gave you a smile, I enjoy doing these "cutesy" things because they make me happy! ;o)

Luvs

• luthien
    14 years ago

hahaha!!! this is a really cute sign luvs! the caption says it all... and coupled with the forlorn expressions on the faces... wicked! :))

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm