Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowman shovel

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 08 at 19:11

Ok, I need some advice. Here is a little wooden shovel I got from the TS. I painted it with a Renee Mullins design. My question is...I think it needs something else. I do plan on putting a bow at the top with some rusty bells hanging down, but I'm thinking it needs some words either on the handle itself, going down the stick part or around the picture part on the bottom. Where should I put the words and any suggestions on which words to use? I was thinking something like Make your own snowfriends...5c each. Or should I just paint that on a hang tag to hang down from the bow? Whatcha think? ~Anj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowman shovel

What a cute pattern for the shovel. Just Perfect. You've done such a good paint job on it. I like your saying for it. Not sure the handle is wide enough for words to show up good, but maybe you could paint them around the bottom edge of it. It looks so neat just the way it is too, maybe try the hang tag idea first. Maybe a good sized one hanging down from the bow you put on it. Whatever you decide, it is darling. Luvs

o

Anj,
Thanks for posting your snowman. He's darling. I've always painted free snow, Shovel all u want, on most of my shovels but I'm not sure u need to paint anything. I like the idea of a bow and the bells. If u wanted something funny u could paint "some of my friends are flakes," since there's 4 of them. We were suppose to get 6" of snow tonight but so far nothing and I'm glad. Keep painting and we'll keep enjoying. I've been to busy to do much lately but thanks to Luvs I couldn't pass up coming over to the gallery for a peek.

o

I like the idea of painting words down the handle, maybe something you can paint towards the bottom so the bells and ribbon won't cover it up. These are the cutest and of course you always do a great job.
B

o

I think some carrots (poly clay or wood) on a green ribbon would be really cute. The painting is awesome
Mari

o

Thanks ya'll. Lots of good ideas...now to implement. ha Glad ya'll enjoyed it. It was fun to do. I love Renee Mullins patterns. ~Anj

o

Beautiful! as always, love that snowman! so cute, I vote on a ribbon around the handle, maybe add a sprig of pine and berries,
dont think it needs anything else.
TFS!
oddie

o

Thanks for the compliment oddie. I will do some kind of ribbon or bow with rusty bells...hadn't thought of adding pine and berries! Thank you. :) ~Anj

o

Love it! I think it's good as is :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here