Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Snowman shovel

anjabee
16 years ago

Ok, I need some advice. Here is a little wooden shovel I got from the TS. I painted it with a Renee Mullins design. My question is...I think it needs something else. I do plan on putting a bow at the top with some rusty bells hanging down, but I'm thinking it needs some words either on the handle itself, going down the stick part or around the picture part on the bottom. Where should I put the words and any suggestions on which words to use? I was thinking something like Make your own snowfriends...5c each. Or should I just paint that on a hang tag to hang down from the bow? Whatcha think? ~Anj

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

What a cute pattern for the shovel. Just Perfect. You've done such a good paint job on it. I like your saying for it. Not sure the handle is wide enough for words to show up good, but maybe you could paint them around the bottom edge of it. It looks so neat just the way it is too, maybe try the hang tag idea first. Maybe a good sized one hanging down from the bow you put on it. Whatever you decide, it is darling. Luvs

• phonegirl
    16 years ago

Anj,
    Thanks for posting your snowman. He's darling. I've always painted free snow, Shovel all u want, on most of my shovels but I'm not sure u need to paint anything. I like the idea of a bow and the bells. If u wanted something funny u could paint "some of my friends are flakes," since there's 4 of them. We were suppose to get 6" of snow tonight but so far nothing and I'm glad. Keep painting and we'll keep enjoying. I've been to busy to do much lately but thanks to Luvs I couldn't pass up coming over to the gallery for a peek.

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

I like the idea of painting words down the handle, maybe something you can paint towards the bottom so the bells and ribbon won't cover it up. These are the cutest and of course you always do a great job.
    B

• marika5
    16 years ago

I think some carrots (poly clay or wood) on a green ribbon would be really cute. The painting is awesome
    Mari

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks ya'll. Lots of good ideas...now to implement. ha Glad ya'll enjoyed it. It was fun to do. I love Renee Mullins patterns. ~Anj

• oddie
    16 years ago

Beautiful! as always, love that snowman! so cute, I vote on a ribbon around the handle, maybe add a sprig of pine and berries,
    dont think it needs anything else.
    TFS!
    oddie

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the compliment oddie. I will do some kind of ribbon or bow with rusty bells...hadn't thought of adding pine and berries! Thank you. :) ~Anj

• sweets98
    16 years ago

Love it! I think it's good as is :)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County