Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 10, 10 at 16:35

I painted this today for my DF for her birthday tomorrow. It's still wet but thought I would snap a picture while I had time.

Punk

Mary's Tray

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses

I'm sure she is going to just love that Punk. What a sweet gift. The pretty pink roses look so pretty--I always love it when people paint roses! Luvs

o

Punk, I don't know what DF means but whoever is getting the tray will love it because it is so pretty. I love the color combination - pink and yellow. Was it a silver tray to begin with? And you did a great job on the roses. Isn't it funny how we all paint roses and each one is different from the other but they are all so pretty? That is the way it is in real rose life I guess.

As you can tell I am not computer savvy. I was a secretary for many years and even when typing on the computer I have to type out the whole word - can't help it, it is the way my fingers go.

o

Bebe, DF stands for Dear Friend. She has the Royal Albert Rose Set and I had bought her the hand painted stemware to go with it so thought I'd paint a tray to sit them on. I didn't like the way it turned out so ended up giving her one I had painted before.

The tray was silver and my husband spray painted it white for me. He is so good about helping with the spray painting.

I would like to learn to paint a rose like you but haven't got a clue how to start. The ones I've seen in books are not smooth like yours.

Want to give some online lesson that might help? I would love some help!

Punk

o

Punk....With beautiful gifts like your tray, I bet you have no trouble finding friends! Your bouquet is so natural looking and your lettering is awesome. Did you use the majic gold pen for the strokes work on the tray? Sure is nice!

Belle

o

Belle, I don't own a gold pen so I just painted my gold on the tray. You are so sweet and thanks for the comment.

Punk

o

Where is my comment??? Grrrr!
I love your roses, but the fillers always catch my eye. Love all the little details. It's really a pretty piece and your lettering is very nicely done. Can't believe you didn't give it to her. ha Oh well, what will you do with it now? What didn't you like about it?

o

Anj, funny that you ask what I will do with it now. My DF came down today and I gave it to her. She liked it and so it's home where it belongs.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here