Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shellybedsaul

Tulip table

shellybedsaul
16 years ago

Luvstocraft invited me to join this forum. I'm very pleased to and it's just in time to show off my new/old coffee table. I bought the table about 20 years ago at a garage sale and it stayed in a partially stripped condition until last month.LOL Seems our own projects are often put off in favor of others.

It had been painted an electric blue and unfortunately the pigment had saturated into the wood grain. I painted it black and took inspiration from the petite point tulips in my sofa's upholstery. I designed and painted the fantasy tulip garland with a simple stroke technique and sealed it with two coats of a satin acrylic varnish. Next, I plan to paint the door panels in my entertainment armoire to match.

With a few dollars worth of acrylic craft paint, I've managed to save this old thing from a landfill.

Image link:

Comments (7)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

We are glad to have you Shelly! Your table turned out so lovely. Black is my favorite color for furniture and with your added design it's just beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to save it from the landfill! Can't wait to see more of your creations! ~Anj

• marika5
    16 years ago

orrgeous!
    Mari

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Shelly, love that table, and you did a great job painting it--the colors you used go so well with your rug. Can't wait to see more of your projects.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy looking at prior posts by all these talented ladies. We have a conversations section here for non painting related talk, so hope you will come by there and tell us more about yourself.

Luvs

• kim2222
    16 years ago

I absolutely love your table. I am in the process of finishing our basement and painted an old dresser, tall cabinet and old bench black and distressed them. The walls are a light blue color and so far it looks great. Thanks for some more inspiration. Kim

• phonegirl
    16 years ago

Shelly,
    You should be proud of that table, after keeping it so many years and painting all that on it. Bet that took some time to paint. Luvs, thanks for the invite for Shelly, if u get enough on here I can come, look, and give all of u a high 5 and not feel I need to paint. Just Kidding! I need to head to bed, have meetings starting at 7:30 a.m.

• oddie
    16 years ago

Oh yes! your table is just beautiful!
    TFS!
    oddie

• oceanna
    15 years ago

Oh wow, that looks great, Shelly! You'd pay BIG bucks for that in a store. Good work! And hey, welcome. I hope you'll be posting lots.