Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gail1055

What I've been up too.

gail1055
14 years ago

I've been having a very busy winter here in florida. I've had request for personalized signs and ideas I never would of come up with. Here's some of them. And as always my friends keep me supplied with old fan blades. Gail ;~).

Comments (9)

• sherwoodva
    14 years ago

Hi, Gail
    These are lovely. Your stuff always makes me miss Key West. You have quite an imagination. There are so many different styles here! I especially like the eyes peeking out from the trunk of the tree.

Thanks for sharing.

CC

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Gail, I can tell you have been keeping busy. I always love seeing your projects, always such a variety and so nicely done. Is the 1st plaque with the shell from the Dollar Tree? I bought a couple that shape and sprayed them with chalkboard paint--just need to add something painted to the edge now. My DH would just love your golfer fan blade. Thanks for sharing with us. Luvs

• gail1055
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Luvs and CC. I'm always up to the challange when someone tells me what they would like. It makes me come up with designs I never would of thought of doing. Yes the little shell sign is from the dollar tree. A friend bought for me and I painted it for her birthday. She loves to collect shells. Gail

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

These are wonderful and you did such a good job painting them. I especially like your handwriting. Do you live near a beach? You should put a collection of designs together and contact one of the book publishers or even just one design to send in to the Painting magazine. They pay you for the project when published, then send in the published piece to the paint and brush companies and they will pay you also for using their brushes and paints and listing them in the article. You are certainly good enough to be published.
    B

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Great idea, Paintingfool. Gail, you really should contact someone, your designs are all so original and unique. Plaid is another one that might be interested. Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

I third that Gail! Go for it woman! ha I think we've talked about doing it for other than fun before.....makes it work, but don't rememeber if you were in on that conversation. ha
    Every one of your projects is so awesome and unique. I can just sit and look at all the details on each one. You have been busy busy. I really love that chair. It turned out so cute! I'm glad you haven't forgotten us and keep coming back to show us your projects! {{!gwi}} We love it! ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Gail,
    Sorry my post didn't stay on here. These are so clever and thanks so much for sharing with us. I didn't realize you were the original designer on these. The little pooch is adorable. You Go Girl. Punk

• gail1055
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone but your all to kind. I do my own designs but I'm not sure how "original" they are. I have to look at pictures of what I want to paint. If someone wants a cabin theme with a lot different animals I find pictures of them and then put it all together. It's just my hobby and I have fun with it. Gail

• luthien
    14 years ago

hello gail :) your work is so amazing! full of life and details! i love them all :)

hugs
    luthien

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022