Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Sittin' Santas

phonegirl
15 years ago

CC's comment (not your typical santa) on my other santa post made me think of these 3 that I've been working on and thought I was done with. Sigh! After taking the pictures I see I still need to finish some line work. I never varnish until after posting.

I think this is what you meant by not your typical santa. If it is, you are right DD would not have any of these displayed in her home but some of us seem to like any thing painted. LOL Punk

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

The colors are so pretty on these gents. ha Very cute little face. Who is the pattern from on this one? So now you've done multiples...who are they going to?

I'm glady in the category of liking anything painted...., but I am a little picky on what goes in my home. ha
    ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad you like the colors,Anj. DH cut me 3 of these and so I don't have a clue who will end up with them. He just likes to cut in multiples so after I paint one I'm not asking him to go cut more.haha

This is from the same book as my large pink santa with roses and the candy corns, Budding Blessings and Frosty Faces.

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Very cute, Punk. They would be perfect in my house - My DR is pink with DH's photos of roses on the wall. I think it's funny that you have them perched on the heat duct cover. They are too nice to sit so close to the floor! The pink roses make them look a little victorian.

Shoot, every time I scrolled back up to take another look, I opened the "Huggies" ad. Argh!

I know what you mean about liking anything painted. I find myself eyeing furniture at the TS to decide if it would be worth painting. One of these days I am painting our nightstands and another chair.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Those are very cute, love all the roses on them. DH must have learned from experience that someone would see your painted items and beg you to make them one too--this way he stays ahead of the requests! LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

CC and Luvs, thanks for the comments. CC you should try to find this book because most of her projects have roses on them. I'd like to see your pink dining room with DH's photos of roses, sounds very pretty, if you feel like sharing a photo. I have enjoyed painting her projects for years. They are simple yet my style of painting.

I found a little stand today at a yard sale that is nice wood so I plan to paint on all three shelves for something different. I hope you paint your night stands and share with us. I painted one for my neice years ago and she still has it in hr elegant home. I laugh every time I see it. She tells me it's special so she has to keep it. Ive told her try keeping it in the closet but she says no way Aunt Punk and we laugh.

Later, Punk

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

How do we trade email addresses here? I'd like to share something I made that is "off topic" Has roses, though, smile!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

CC,
    You can email me at cme4phns@hotmail.com. Sometimes you can email by going to the My Page and looking up email addresses of members. You can go to conversations here and share anything off topic with us. Hope this helps. Punk

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022