Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marika5

just a few pawtraits

marika5
16 years ago

Here's some of my favorites. I don't know how to post multiples on thhis board so I made a collage

Thanks for looking

Mari

Image link:

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Very nice. Had you painted dog portraits before? Are you taking a picture of the dog first? Are these done with oils or acrylics? Sorry for so many questions, but inquiring minds wanna know! LOL

Luvs

• marika5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Luvs
    They are done with acrylic. I use photographs as a reference. I have been painting for a long time but the pet portraits for just a few years. I also paint floorcloths and other decorative items.
    Mari

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Oh, I thought you were painting them from looking at the dogs. Having them hold a pose would be a lot better I imagine. ha Great job on all of them. ~Anj

• marika5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anj
    Keeping them still for hours would be problematic ...lol
    I take the photos and then do a sketch
    Mari

/>

• phonegirl
    16 years ago

Marika, Cute pictures. Do you sell these or are they for family and friends? I had a lady paint my sisters 2 dogs together on a shingle and it turned out pretty cute. If you'd like to see it I'll take a picture sometime I'm at her home. Keep painting and posting so we can enjoy. For the longer dog hair have you tried a rake fan brush so you can see the finer hairs? I'm not good at animals but I think it would help and make painting them faster for u.

• marika5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Phonegirl
    Yes, I do sell them as well. I have been wanting to try the new brushes. Thanks for reminding me to look for one. I'd love to see the painting
    Thanks
    Mari
    PS: I also paint birds

/>

• phonegirl
    16 years ago

Mari, Thanks for posting the bird, that's great. I'll try to get a picture of the dogs this week for u.