Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Cardinal and Daffodils Lazy Susan

phonegirl
14 years ago

It ended up being cold and windy here today and DH is hurting bad so I took the day off and painted again. Nothing special and don't know why I painted this on a pink lazy susan but I did. At least I'm painting again.LOL

Punk

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

It's beautiful, Punk. You make it seem so quick and easy when you paint up the projects so fast! Would take me hours and hours! Sorry your DH is still not feeling well--but nice that you were able to have some time to paint. I think we all go through periods when we are just not in the mood to paint--but it's so fun when we do get in the mood and can paint up some things we've been wanting to do. Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Gorgeous....and all in one day....would have taken me a week! Well, actually longer as I still haven't gotten the courage up to do birds or flowers.

I like how the cardinal matches the intensity of the flowers and balance the whole tableau and the background comes off as a very soft color.

Really great!

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Afternoon,

I had to run DH to the hospital for testing and blood work. Then to pick up drugs, groc. and I have a few minutes before I head back to work so jumped on here. Hopefully he will be better soon.

Thanks for your comments. It took me a few hours to paint this so don't think your slow. If you hurry to much the paint will peel right off right under your brush. I should go over the leaves again now that it's been a day and make them look more realistic.

Thanks again for your comments. I have a hair appt. tonight after work so won't have time to come on here.

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Cardinals are my favorite birds!! I really miss them since they don't have them here. Beautiful job Punk! I really didn't even notice the background being pink until you mentioned it. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for your comments Anj. I wnated to paint roses on this lazy susan but it's to late now. I had found this paint and like the color so DH painted me a few things to paint on with it. The one tray I put a Santa on and don't want to paint it so maybe I can redo it and add roses.

Punk

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Punk,

Great job! I love the balance of the colors and the pink background gives it just enough of a subtle touch of softness that brings it all together. Wonderful painting on the cardinal.

Joan

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

He's so cute, Punk. I really like the daffodils. I don't think I have ever painted one yet. The cardinal looks like he is ready for Spring.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Joan and Bebe good to hear from both of you and thanks so much for your sweet comments. I want to take some classes and learn to paint more animals but till then, I'll keep trying here and there any way!

Punk

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville