Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gail1055

Here's some new fan blades

gail1055
16 years ago

Thanks for all your encouragement to paint more fan blades. I'm having so much fun painting these I may never want to paint chairs again. So here's a couple new ones and another 5 o'clock somewhere that I customized for someone. Hope you like them. Gail

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Those are great Gail, I really like the guestroom sign allot. You are doing such a great job on the backgrounds too. I can see where the fan blades would be lots easier for you than the chairs, but you certainly do both so well. Luvs

• phonegirl
    16 years ago

Thanks Gail, for posting more of your wonderful fan blades. I just love to jump on here and have something to look at. I have a hard time fitting these fun things in. However, now that I have found this I'm making time to do some painting again. It's almost time to go outside and play in the dirt so when that happens I'm sure I won't have much time for this. We have 2 acres and lots of flower beds, garden and up keep to do so that's how I spend my extra time. I went and looked at your chairs and they are inspiring. Do you paint every day?

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Phonegirl,

I'm glad you like my chairs. I never really thought about it but I guess I come real close to painting everyday. I seem to fit it in in the evenings. The things I've been painting lately are something different for me. I'm always anxious to try a new idea I come up with and the fan blades don't take that long to do. Being in Florida during the winter makes it hard to get too much done though. There's so many outdoor activities. I brought lots of sign boards and wooden trays with me to paint. I was hoping to find time to get a head start during the winter on signs for my craft show in the fall. That way I wouldn't be that busy in the summer because I too love to plant flowers and work in my garden. But my fan blades have been so popular that most of what I painted I've sold or given away. I had my chairs, that didn't sell during last falls show, at a store back north for the winter and most of them sold. So I picture another busy summer. I'm seriously thinking of doing just a few chairs and more signs and fan blades. But I'm sure once I get home I'll get started on some chairs again. Gail

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Oh no! Don't stop painting your chairs!! I love them too. ha Those parrots are beautiful, but I love the saying on the guest room sign. Very cool. You work so quickly and everything looks great as usual. If you are painting stuff for the shows to make money and if you are selling them piece by piece you are still making money so it's all good! :) Keep it up! ~Anj

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville