Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Spring & Easter

pezabelle
14 years ago

Just finished these two, one is my copy of one Luvs did earlier. I passed it up in the book but really liked yours Luvs... but I can see that I need to do a repair to the top border on the sign.

The other is a take off of Ranee Mullins. Think I need to add some very light checks to the top of the heart.

There are two projects on one piece of wood. I still need to find a pastel ribbon to connect the sign to the heart.

Belle

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Belle, I love both of those! Really like the banner with the eggs on your first one--great idea! Isn't that a fun project? I love how their ears are entwined. Renee Mullins is one of my most favorite designers--I love almost all of her patterns. That little bunny looks like he just might be getting ready for a big sneeze! Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle, both turned out so cute. They do look like fun projects and so springy. It's great you ladies are all paintin' so I have something to enjoy when I stop by.

Makes me want to paint something but I seem to be having a hard time sitting long enought to paint. TFS

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Sooooo cute. I really do love these patterns. Ya'll might have to look at em again if I get a chance to paint them too. ha Can't let you and Luvs have all the fun. ha Those fit on your heart cutouts just right Belle. I like the way the second bunnies ears go with the arches of the heart. What is that purple color that you used? I really like it. The dark purple on the flowers. Your bees are awesome. Love Renee Mullins I really think she's my favorite. Great job!!

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank You All for the kind words!

The use of the second bunny is my idea, why leave a blank side of wood when you can paint it, although I really think I need to add some very light checks to the top area of the hearts. Kind of tie them together better.

Anj....the base color for the flower is Pansy Lavender and the shade is Royal Purple, both by Ceramcoat. The top heart sure isn't the same colors as in the magazine.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Belle, I think it is wonderful that you used both side of the heart and banner. That's the kind of thing I need to do for the little bar on my lamppost in my front yard--that way visitors can see a design coming or going.

Using your own colors is part of the fun, you can make it to go with your decor or just with the colors you like the best!

Luvs

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Belle,

They are sooo adorable! Can't decide which one I like best. They are both so springlike happy! Great color choices, wonderful painting. Good idea to use both sides.

Terrific!

Joan

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I wasn't happy with the single bunny - so I added really light stenciled squared and now the sign and heart fit together better. Now I need to find a good colored ribbon that will fir both sides.

Belle

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Just darling!! Love those cute puffy cheeks.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm