Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easter Egg Re-do

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 2, 10 at 13:26

DH took a look at these at the TS and pointed out that if they were repainted they would make cute decorations........so here are the before and after pictures. They are really roughly made and I couldn't fix that part but the repaint did help.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easter Egg Re-do

Belle, your DH is a good shopper, those are adorable. You did a nice job of making them look "fresh" again. How cute they are with those little bunnies inside! Know you will enjoy having them as part of your Easter decor. Luvs

o

How fun! My cousin gave me a lighted ceramic teapot with a bunny scene inside years ago. It was totally hideous! ha The paint job was abominable from the factory which is why she gave it to me in hopes I could "fix" it. It has been one of my kids favorite Easter decorations since I repainted it. ha Hope you'll enjoy your redone eggs for as long. ha ~Anj

o

A DH that found the cute little eggs for you and he encourages you to paint, how wonderful! Isn't it fun to redo something that others found no value in and make it fresh and "happy" once again? Good job!

o

Have to tell you a story. Our 18 yr old GS was here this last weekend. He took a look at the eggs and told me "you didn't make these Grandma." I asked him how he knew I didn't make them and he said because they were to rough and I would have smoothed out all the bumps, he then add that the painting as OK. Guess he has me figured out.

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here