Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Best Buds Snowmen

phonegirl
15 years ago

Got a call from a friend who will be here tomorrow with apples from WA so I hurried and finished painting this so I can drill holes and add chain tomorrow before they get here. Since we're still getting snow thought I could use this as a thank you gift for her.

Life is not waiting for me no matter how I feel so I will get to bed and say my prayers and hope I feel up for company tomorrow. I have frozen lasanga in the freezer so will take that out, toss a salad and have fench bread and green beans and have a meal ready. Good thing I'm always thinking ahead when I do feel good. LOL

Just realized I forgot to finish the inside of my sign so will do that in the moring also. I am going to post anyway in case I don't get another one like this painted.

I'll try to check in later tomorrow evening. Hope you are all feeling better and have time to paint. Punk

Comments (7)

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

How darling! There is so much detail here. I love the colors and the lace around the sign. I went back to the pix twice - there is so much to see. The eyes are so sad, though! Is this a friend you don't see often?

Did you cut the wood? I'll have to find patterns like this now that I know how to use the scroll saw.

You are so sweet to take a pix for us.

Punk, I hope you are feeling better and were able to enjoy your company. I'm sure they loved the sign.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Colorcrazy,

My company changed there minds on coming since we are having a snow storm. Visibility is not good today. I'm feeling much better today and got up and cleaned the house and I'm almost done with laundry so I should have time to paint today. Woo Hoo

Thanks for your wonderful comment. There is alot of detail but it painted up fast so that's what I like. The sad eyes are Jamie Mills Price's. I just love the way she paints her eyes.

DH cuts all my wood for me. He cut me out three of these to paint after Christmas and I'm just getting around to painting them. I haven't finished this yet but now I'd like to paint my friend something different.

So good to have you here posting with us. Punk

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Punk! Glad to see you got out the paint brushes even though you weren't feeling well. This is so cute. Yep, you can tell JMP's designs by the eyes. ha It's gonna look good with the sign hanging down.
    Oh, just read that you are painting your friend something different. Decided this one was too cute to part with, huh? ha JK Love how you did the lace. Very pretty. Are you going to do the other 2 the same or different colors? ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

What a cute idea for a friend's gift! Very sweet. So why did you change your mind? Are you not wanting to part with it???? That happens to me sometimes, that's why some things I will do in multiples, one to give and one to keep for me! LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anj and Luvs, I changed my mind because I thought I had a few days to make something else. As it turned out I didn't give her anything cuz I still haven't finished this one and I didn't think they would brave the storm so I cleaned instead of finishing this. She loved my roses on the record so I think that's what I'll make for them.

This pattern is from the book Budding Blessings and Frosty Faces by Michelle Almeida and I just traced eyes from JMP. In case anyone cares I used the Folk Art Parisian Pink and Apple Barrel's light pink and Dusty Mauve for the roses on this project. Don't know if you can tell the difference in the pink from santa but this one is a deeper pink.

Got to go check our conversations and then do my nails. Punk

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Punk..... I am from WA and friend....

Your snowladies are adorable and the lace on the sign is awesome. Bet your friend wouldn't even know that you think the inside of the sign isn't finished if you had given it to her. I also like the play on words "Best Buds"

Glad you are feeling better...

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Belle thanks for your comment. I wish I would of put some rose buds instead of roses on the sign and then the sign would go wither way. I liked the Best Buds instead of Best Friends for a change also.

I don't know if you can tell but the lace is edged in dots. I had never tried this before but it turned out ok. It's such a simple way to add to the project so I'm glad I painted this pattern.

I'm feeling much better tonight and it's a good thing cuz I have a busy week ahead.

Punk