Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancelee_gw

Painted wine bottles

nancelee
15 years ago

Here is a picture of some wine bottles that I painted. They make nice soap bottles, flavored vinegar bottles, or sometimes I make hummingbird feeders from them.

Image link:

Comments (13)

• nancelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

More painted wine bottles.

Nancecenter>

• oddie
    15 years ago

Just Beautiful! gosh if I could paint like that,you do such a beautiful job of painting, feels like I could pick a flower right of the bottle, took a look at your album and just love your pumpkin jugs, they have the cutest faces, I asume that you are useing some kind of glass paints,gonna have to invest in some, so what brand do you use,need something easy to work with I have messed around with the cheap stuff in kits I picked up at a sale somewhere, but that is all I have tried,almost forgot to say your painted tray is beautiful also.
    TFS
    oddie

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Your wine bottles turned out great. I also enjoyed looking at your album. You have some beautiful projects on there. Hope you will come and share more with us.

Punk

• anjabee
    15 years ago

So glad to have you back posting with us Nance! They all turned out so pretty. Are you doing these for a show or just for gifts? Great job. I have a couple that I use for soap, but one is painted with snowmen. Need to make some for spring. Love em! =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

You are a really good painter, Nance, I enjoyed seeing your bottles. Are you using the Perm enamel paints? I think it is great to take an item and give it new life by painting it, and of course, I love flowers! Luvs

• nancelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oddie, I just use cheap spray paint to paint the pumpkin jugs sort of misting them a couple times, not too heavy so that the lights show through. Then use acrylics to paint in the facial features. They are so much fun to paint....you can just loosen up and let the paint fly!

For the wine bottles I prefer to use Delta PermEnamels. It's a 3 step with conditioner, paint, and glaze but it's sooo durable it even holds up outdoors on the glass bottles that I make into hummingbird feeders.

Anj, I sell them at shows as well as use for gifts, and also projects for painting classes.

Thanks to all for the nice comments.

Nance

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

These are lovely, Nance. The colors and composition show a lot of talent. Even when I don't have time to paint, it's fun seeing what others can do.

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! You do great work!

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Nance....thank you for sharing your beautiful work! I especially like the variety of your work, the hummer and the scarecrow and then the jugs and bottles....all very well done.
    Where--ever did you find glass jugs for the pumpkins? And is your scarecrow guarding your pond? I never though of doing that...great idea!

Glad you are with us!

Belle

• nancelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Belle, Thanks for the compliments. Glad you liked my variety. The pumpkin jugs are from wine jugs. Everyone that knows I paint on bottles saves them for me. Sometimes I end up with more than I can use but I always take them as I never know what may be in the mix.

My scarecrow girl just happened to be waiting by the pond until I found a better place for her. Nance

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Loved looking at all your paintings which are all darling. At the seminar we had with Jill MacFarland this weekend she told us about a new painting medium by DecoArt that you mix with your acrylic paint. It allows you to paint on glass, metal, candles, etc., and it will stick. I haven't tried it but think I am going to order it. It would make painting on slick surfaces easier.

Your chairs were so cute. Let's see more.
    B

• nancelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

B That painting medium sounds very interesting. If you try it let us know how it works.

Thank you,

Nancy

• luthien
    14 years ago

wow! the wine bottles look amazing!!

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA