Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow scene on wooden tray

Posted by nancelee (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 0:34

I decided to try posting a new message as when I finally got it right, my message was rejected. Guess I tried too many times. Here goes.

Image link: Snow scene on wooden tray (48 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow scene on wooden tray

Looks like you got it this time, and what a beautiful tray! maybe someday if I try everyday, for the rest of my life!
TFS
oddie

o

Oooh Nancylee! So pretty! Love the soft colors and the stained glass windows just pop. Lovely. Thanks for posting it!! =) ~Anj

o

I love that scene Nancelee, you really did a nice painting job on it. Love the colors you used on the trees behind the little church, and your pine trees looks great. Glad you were able to figure out the picture posting stuff. Luvs

o

Oddie, I know you could do this scene. It's really pretty easy. I used it for a class project and all the students did fine. This is one where I like to spray or brush on the background, let it dry, and then paint in the rest. It seems to go fast and take less effort for a nice end result.

Luvs, thank you. You know, as you can see it was very late last night when I finally "got it" on the pic posting. I had done that before but somehow this time it was a challenge

Anj, Why do I sometimes get the browse button to post a pic, which I think is much easier and quicker, and other times I don't? BTW you have an eye for detail, noticing the stained glass windows. Thank you.

Nance

o

Nance, this is so pretty and so different. I love the white/bright trees in the background and the evergreens in front. Wish I could take your class!

o

colorcrazy, Wouldn't it be fun if we could all spend a day painting together! Everyone here inspires me to get busy and paint. I have been lazy this winter but the spring flowers coming up are tempting me to get out the brushes.

Nance

o

The snow scene is beautiful!Being from the South we don't have much snow, and when we do I never stick my nose out, but I love painted snow scenes, makes me think of home and family,
and being warm and safe,You did a great job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here