Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancelee_gw

Snow scene on wooden tray

nancelee
15 years ago

I decided to try posting a new message as when I finally got it right, my message was rejected. Guess I tried too many times. Here goes.

Image link:

Comments (7)

• oddie
    15 years ago

Looks like you got it this time, and what a beautiful tray! maybe someday if I try everyday, for the rest of my life!
    TFS
    oddie

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Oooh Nancylee! So pretty! Love the soft colors and the stained glass windows just pop. Lovely. Thanks for posting it!! =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I love that scene Nancelee, you really did a nice painting job on it. Love the colors you used on the trees behind the little church, and your pine trees looks great. Glad you were able to figure out the picture posting stuff. Luvs

• nancelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oddie, I know you could do this scene. It's really pretty easy. I used it for a class project and all the students did fine. This is one where I like to spray or brush on the background, let it dry, and then paint in the rest. It seems to go fast and take less effort for a nice end result.

Luvs, thank you. You know, as you can see it was very late last night when I finally "got it" on the pic posting. I had done that before but somehow this time it was a challenge

Anj, Why do I sometimes get the browse button to post a pic, which I think is much easier and quicker, and other times I don't? BTW you have an eye for detail, noticing the stained glass windows. Thank you.

Nance

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Nance, this is so pretty and so different. I love the white/bright trees in the background and the evergreens in front. Wish I could take your class!

• nancelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

colorcrazy, Wouldn't it be fun if we could all spend a day painting together! Everyone here inspires me to get busy and paint. I have been lazy this winter but the spring flowers coming up are tempting me to get out the brushes.

Nance

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

The snow scene is beautiful!Being from the South we don't have much snow, and when we do I never stick my nose out, but I love painted snow scenes, makes me think of home and family,
    and being warm and safe,You did a great job!