Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherwoodva

My crazy footstool

sherwoodva
15 years ago

This was freehand, just playing with different colors to see what would work. The sides are OK, but I am tempted to sand off the top and start over. Just thought I'd share. You all have been so generous, sharing your projects.

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I think it looks lovely. Really like the roses. I don't see that it looks cloudy at all--just put it where it can dry really well and maybe then it will look clear to you.

Are you doing one stroke flowers? They are fun, aren't they?

I wanted to mention to you a tip that Painting Fool gave us about using the gold paint pens on edges and along sides of projects. You might look back at some of her projects here to see it. I think that might be a nice finishing touch on the edges and between the gray and black on the side of your stool. Take a look and see what you think. Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Colorcrazy,
    Good job. I like the background colors you have on both of your stools also. Did you sponge them on or what method did you use to accomplish this look?

Thanks for posting. Hope to see more of your painting. Punk

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

CC.........nice work! How in the world did you do the rose leaves, they look so real with the spikey tips.

Give your varnish time, if it was thick in the bottle or container, it might have someway started to dry out. If it doesn't dry completely, try the same sealer and a scrap piece of wood and let it dry as much as it will and then using another brand of water based varnish, paint over the first coat. If it dries properly you can then use it on your stools. Would hate to see you start over, but I have done that before - not fun!

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I think it all looks really good. Don't sand it off!!
    I was struck with how realistic your rose leaves were too. Thanks for sharing it with us. where will you use this piece? ~Anj

• sherwoodva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, thanks for the compliments.
    Punk, yes, the background is sponged on. Anj - believe it or not, this is stored in my tiny 3 foot wide closet because I can't reach the top rod without it.

Belle, that is a good signature for me - CC. (It is actually my initials in real life too.) My house is not neutral at all, hence the screen name. DH said anything but beige, and I took him at his word. :)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

CC, thanks for letting me know the background was sponged on. Sounds like you might be as short as I am.

It's so good to have projects posted for all of us to enjoy.

SpeedO

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

PG, you are so funny with your little sign off name--SpeedO. Decided that if we were gonna call you that, you'd just use it, huh? LOL

CC, I'm short too! I really need a step stool in every room, hate dragging the big folding one around.

I'm glad you and your DH like color, means more colorful projects for us to see!

Luvs

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living