Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stencilled Wisteria in Kitchen

Posted by colorcrazy (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 13, 09 at 21:08

This was the original kitchen wall when the house was built in 1938. In the 50s, the previous owners bumped out the kitchen. We took away the cabinet on this wall, as it seemed to close the kitchen off. (The stove on the right of the pix is in the new area.) What to do with a bare wall? Paint it, of course! This was done about 12 years ago; long before I took up decorative painting. If I did it again, the wisteria trunk would be more curvy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stencilled Wisteria in Kitchen

What a great idea to fill a blank wall. You did a great job on it, I especially love the kitties. Luvs

o

What a great way to make your home "your home!" And you included more than just the stenciling...a hummer, and several bird and the cats...but the bark on the vines isn't just the stencil either - you added the dimension.

Belle

o

The cats are the cutest. I have been painting for years and have never painted anything on my wall - but this may be the year I do just that.
B

o

Thanks, all, for the compliments.

Belle, everything that you see is a stencil except the trunk and branches of the wisteria - that was freehand. I made one of the bird stencils from a picture in DH's birdwatching book. Remember, this was before I learned decorative painting. The cats are a special stencil that has so many parts, it works differently from the usual stencil.

o

CC~ that is very pretty and I imagine it's a great conversation piece. I love all the animals. =) ~Anj

o

CC that's a pretty cool wall you created. Looks like it took alot of time and work to complete. Now that you tole paint it would be interesting to see what you would change. It must of taken alot to put it all together. Thanks for sharing it with us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here