Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Rose Mirror with Votives

phonegirl
14 years ago

Here's my Valentine project!LOL I forgot to wash the mirror before taking the picture and need to finish a few things before work tomorrow so don't have time to redo.

I am going to get my craft room cleaned out and not buy another thing until it's all painted on. Sigh Ya Right! If I can stay focused, maybe it will happen. It's sad that one can collect so much to paint on and then put off doing it.

Punk

Comments (8)

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Very pretty, Pg. Lavender is one of my favorite colors and the background makes the roses show up nicely. I am one of those people that collects things to paint. I have had a small pegged rack that I purchased in 1984 - I love it but I have yet to paint it - I am saving it for just the right thing to paint on it.

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Very romatic. Perfect for valentines day.

Oh boy! talk about stuff laying around. I have tons of books without the "perfect" surface and loads of surfaces without the "perfect" inspiration.

Puck, obviously you were able to post a picture on this gallery, while I could not. Did you not notice anything different about posting it? Is it really me? Am I to just sit back quietly and lurk forever? Oh well, if so, it is really nice to lurk and see your artisty as well as everyone else's, in action. Keep up the good work.

Joan

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Punk...fantastic! What a perfect combination....candles and roses. It all looks so balanced and just pain gorgeous!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

That's an unusual mirror--has built in votive holders--cool. You know I always love roses. Is the ribbon white or yellow? Color doesn't always show up true on the computer. Hope you had fun getting a chance to do some painting again. ;o)

Joan, are you following Anj's picture posting tutorial? I posted a pic over on your post in discussions just to test if it worked okay. Hope you figure out what's wrong, can't wait to see all your projects.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your sweet comments. This is a terrible picture and I will go back in and see if it looks any different in real life. Sometimes we need to look at the picture so we go back and repaint for sure.

I am going to have more storage after this weekend so maybe that will help me organize things better.

Joan, I don't know what to say to help besides go back and read instructions for posting again and see if your missing a step. We want you posting and your one of us so you won't be a lurker.

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

From all the posts looks like this has been here for a few days and I missed it. ha Well, Punk...ya did a fantastic job on this mirror/candle holder. Look at how perfect those bud leaves are! Very pretty. Is this a keeper or is it being gifted to someone?

Joan...I'm sure any one of us would like to help you be able to post pictures. Let us know what we can do to help. Are you using Photobucket? Their format has changed just a bit, but it's still essentially the same. Maybe we can tweek it just a bit to get you posting quick and easy!
    ~Anj

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Trying yet again

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anj, thanks for your comments. I haven't looked at this since I painted it so not sure what I will do with it. I'll post more over on conversations when I have time.

Punk