Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Glass Block Valentine

anjabee
15 years ago

This is snowman love, but I think it can be used for Valentines Day because of all the hearts and it is still snowing where I live. This is another Barb Jones design from the April Quick and Easy Painting mag. I just love her designs. I still need to add a bow around it. ~Anj

Comments (9)

• oceanna
    15 years ago

It's really cute, Anj. Nice work! What do you mean "glass block?"

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Oceanna...it's painted on a glass block like you would find at the home improvement store. You may have seen them with decoupaged pictures on front or with ribbons tied up like a gift with Christmas lights inserted into a hole drilled in the back??? I intend to buy a light box eventually when Barb gets then back in stock so this will sit on top with the light shining thru it. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Very cute, Anj, and I think it's perfect for Valentine's considering that it's still winter and you still have snow on the ground. ;o) I like her designs too, have a few others in back issues I think. Luvs

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

Cute as can be! I love snowmen any time of year, and Valentine Day is a good day!

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Hi, Anj

This is really cute - a great way to keep snowmen out past Christmas. You must have a really steady hand - your lettering and lines are perfect. Happy Valentines's Day!

CC

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks you guys. Glad you liked my snowy valentine. ha I did end up with quite a few snowmen that got left out after Christmas this year. Kinda fun decorating with them. CC~ I used a fine point permanent marker to do my lining with this time. The directions said to go over it 3 times so it's supposed to look rough and squiggly. The pattern did anyway. ha I painted the wording on with a tiny brush though. Glad you think it turned out good. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Anj that is so cute. It looks like pen and ink. Did you paint all those little lines? Great job. We still have snow also and that is perfect for Valentines Day.

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Anj....your block is so much fun! Makes me feel good just looking at it! And the line work is really great....

Belle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks!! =)

~Anj

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer