Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Spring Gardens Gather Friends

anjabee
14 years ago

Here is my newest project in an attempt to bring Spring a little early. It's a design by Monika Brint in the Aug 2008 Quick and Easy Painting mag. It's got a little bit of a grungy primitive look that I kinda like. Hope you enjoy it. ~Anj

Hard to get a good pic of it. It's almost 2 ft tall. Oh, and I still have to drill holes and put a ribbon thru to hang it. =)

A little bit closer....

Comments (13)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Anj, that turned out really cute and I like the "grunge" look allot. I'm usually not a big Monika Brint fan, but have seen a few of her designs that I really liked. This one is a really cute choice and as always, you did a great painting job on it! ;o) Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Anj....I love it! Didn't know there was a "grungy" primitive, but I like it! It looks like it has been around a long time and survived a lot of life's bumps. The bunny tree is cute and Mom seems to be counting her babies.

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks ladies. My Aunt says she wants me to paint one for her now. ha I had never really heard of Monika Brint before. I'll have to pay attention and I'm sure I'll run across more of her designs in the mags.
    Belle~ there are lots of grungy primitives out there. I love anything rusty and old. I belong to a forum where most people create grungy dolls, candles, stitcheries and other grungy primitive looking crafts. I love it!
    ~Anj

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Anj,

Too, too cute. I never heard of Monika Brint either, but will research her. Love the very long bunny ears and the family tree look, as well as the grunge. Very nice.

Joan

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Anj, she has designs in allot of the Painting and Quick and Easy Painting magazines. Did some with snowmen similar to the bunny one. I'll have to check my back issues to see which ones her designs were in.

How neat that your Aunt wants you to paint one for her too, bet that made you feel good. So do you have any idea where you will hang it? It's very cute and good for anytime not just Easter and Spring IMHO. ;o)

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't know where I'll hang it. Maybe on the back of my front door or on my peg shelf coming up the stairs?
    It was hard for me to paint because it's basically done with lots of shading and that's not my strong point although I am getting better the more I do. Guess that's the same with anything. ha I think I'm remembering some little elves and tall reindeer designs that may have been hers. I'll look too. Glad ya'll liked it. Not everyone has the same tastes, but that's what makes it fun here. ha If we all painted the same things it would be pretty boring.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

You are so right about that, Anj. I love that we all do different things, and that sometimes motivates me to try things I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

There are so many wonderful designers and patterns--that really makes it fun--but hard to choose as well. I'm finally working on some of the older designs that I've had earmarked for many many years. It feels good to finally be doing some of them. My motivation for doing them was because I wanted to be able to weed out some of my stash of books and patterns--so many books had only one or two designs earmarked. Once I've painted those, I should be able to pass those books on to someone else to enjoy.

Luvs

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

I am not a fan of primitive but I like this. Great job. And you seem to do very well with your shading.

Luvs, I am with you girl, I need to purge some of the books and patterns I have stashed away. I did that with a lot of the painting magazines I had, now I need to do it with the books. I have entirely too much "stuff".
    B

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Bebe, don't forget about our exchange area here if you decide to part with more. Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Anj, that is so cute. I don't care as much for prim. but I would hang that with pride if I had one. Your bottom bunny is a kick! You come up with some great projects that I just skip over.

Punk

• anjabee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't know why I liked the pattern so much but I think it's something about rabbits reproducing so quickly....and just look at them all. ha Thanks for the kind words even if prim is not your thing. ha It was fun to paint. ~A

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Anj.....in my mind (I know it's kooky) Prim is harder to paint because it is not exact and as we all know I am usually a very exact person. I enjoy the difference and your ability to do it so well!!!!!!

Belle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Trying to be a perfectionist when it's not supposed to look perfect is really harder than one might think Belle!! ha I totally know what you are saying. ha

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm