Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintgirl2008

new painted items

paintgirl2008
15 years ago

A few pictures of glassware and flower pots. The pots are new, most of the other stuff has been done awhile. I have been in a painting mood this past week,still lots more projects I am planning to do!(hopefully)Everyone have a blessed weekend and happy painting!!

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

What elegant flower pots, Paintgirl. Your roses are so lovely. Are they stroke roses? That set of glasses is so pretty too. Did you use the glass paints for them. How do you like painting on glass? I've not used glass paints at all, just painted a few glass jars with regular acrylic paints. I also love the way you added the bit of gold on the rims. Thanks for sharing. Luvs

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

What a great job you did on painting those pots. Your roses are especially pretty and I love the last two goblets. I have only painted on pots once, couldn't stand the feel of the clay, reminded me of unglazed ceramic. But yours sure turned out nice.
    Bebe

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

PaintingGirl....you have been busy! They are all wonderful but my fave is the patchwork quilt! Guess cause it matches my house! The roses on the decanter are super and fit the flat area of the bottle. The "antique" gold trim really sets the pot off...not plants in those pots!

Belle

• paintgirl2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank both of you for the nice comments. This was a "painting" week for me. The sun came out and it turned warm like spring,so I would go outside to my craft room,open the door and paint to my heart's content.The pot with red roses is for my DD and the rest for friends, so they will all be gone this evening. Most people like them and they are not expensive to do.
    Luvs, I use Folk Art enamels on my glassware, when they are cured and heat set in the oven they are very durable,I have washed some things in the dishwasher.Once you get used to them they are not hard to use.My other hobby is soy candle making-during Christmas I poured candles in wine glasses,
    gave some as gifts and sold some.Makes good gifts-when your candle is gone you still have a glass!
    Bebe,Do you do ceramics? I have a friend that has a ceramic shop. Beautiful creations and much work goes into it.
    I have been rambling on for awhile, better go.
    Love to all,Shirley

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hey Shirley~ love your "flower" pots. Soooo pretty. You have been busy. Everything looks just beautiful. The receivers will be thrilled. Glad things have warmed up where you are so you can get in some painting. Love all the pics. Get in the mood more often now! ;) ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Your pots, vase and glasses turned out great. Thanks so much for sharing. Sorry I haven't posted till now but I've had computer issues but decided what the heck I'm going to post until I have another problem.

• ronbre
    15 years ago

a plethera of pretty painted pots

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022