Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Valentine + others

pezabelle
14 years ago

Finished these before the 14th but have been under the weather and just now posting.

The valentine heart was fun to do and the others actually don't run down hill as they appear in the photo. Think I might antique them so that they fit with my other Americana.

Belle

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Belle, I sure hate to hear that you have not been feeling well again. More with the pains or did you catch a cold? Do take good care of yourself, okay?

Love the red, white and blue hearts--very cute design. How do you like to antique your pieces? Do you buy a stain, use thinned down paints? For a quick stain, I like to use Old English dark furniture polish, just a quick wipe over it, wipe it off a bit and lay aside to dry. Your valentine heart is such a neat color, almost a peachy pink--very pretty.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,

Two great projects and so perfectly painted. So sorry you haven't been feeling well but so glad you posted for us to enjoy. I sure like your flowers on your red heart. I think your Americana hearts look 3 dimensional. Great job and I hope you start feeling better.

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Wow Belle~ Sorry you aren't feeling well, but glad you were doing ok enough to paint these beauties! I love Americana! I think I'd antique them too if it was me. Your love heart is beautiful. Love how well your laced edges turned out! And I like how the bottoms are cut off so they stand up. Great idea! Feel better!! ~Anj

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words.... and I am feeling better!

Luvs...I like your Old English idea and will try it soon. For my hearts I think I will try some Burnt Umber. Silly me put a sealer on them when I really wasn't all that happy with the brightness. Piffle, (that is my favorite cuss word.) Might also try to just shade the stripes or just make more for myself and give these away.

Belle

Anj and Punk...the hearts are from one of my Luv Chunks book, but didn't cut out the center hearts. So I just shaded where the cutout should be. Was putting the "love" heart away when DH said he thought it should be left out all year round, so it is.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Belle, it is good to always put a coat of sealer on before you antique IMHO. That way if you don't like the antiquing for any reason, you can easily take it off without messing up your design.

How neat that DH really liked your piece. They sure are cute and cheerful.

Luvs

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Belle,

Love your hearts. I had to go back and look at the striped one three times after Punk said it "looked" 3 dimensional. I thought it was! How sweet of DH to want you to display love all the time.

So sorry you were not feeling well. Hope it was somthing temporary.

Luvs, after you put the Olde English furniture polish on, do you seal your projects again? It sounds like a good idea, but, then I picture it just sitting there and getting all smearer if touched.

Joan

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Joan, after I put the Old English on, I then wipe off leaving just the amount I want. I usually let this dry overnight, then I will spray the sealer on it. You do have to be careful not to touch it when it is wet.

I used to buy special antiquing paint--then started using diluted Burnt Umber or another paint color. But I have to say that I really like the "richness" of the Old English.

Luvs