Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Patriotic Welcome

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 20, 09 at 17:48

Hi Again, I painted this during the time I spent last week with my SG. He did his homework and I painted.

The pattern is one by Mary Jo Tuttle and I found that it is really hard to find patriotic ribbon during Feduary. After looking at it hanging think I will go back and shade the area between the wooden star and the banner....big area of nothing!

Belle

Patriotic Welcome

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Patriotic Welcome

Belle, I love it! You hadn't mentioned that you got in some painting time while with your GS. That's great. You sure did a good painting job on this one, all your lining and shading look perfect. I like how you have it hanging too. I like Mary Jo Tuttle's designs too, but don't have any of her books--strange huh? Guess I just never ran across them while shopping for books. Luvs

o

I love the sign.Perfect job!! I like Mary Jo Tuttle too, but have never painted any of her design, and don't think I have any of her books. I like Americana!! You did a wonderful job painting this. Keep painting!!

o

Another Americana fan here too! What a great sign and all your shading is just perfect. I like how you have it hung too. ~Anj

o

Belle,

That big area of nothing is so cool when you sit back and really stare, it almost looks like tromp l' oeil painting. Take another look and let me know what you think. Another great project. Punk

o

Thank you all for the kinds words and the input! I guess we all are to critical of our own work.

The auction plaque actually sold for $39.00! Would you believe! Dh said that two women just kept out bidding each other.

Belle

o

Wow! That was a fantastic price, Belle, you must be so proud. Great job! Luvs

o

Belle, this is really lovely. I agree with Punk, the banner on the bottom actually looks curved. You did a great job. I hope you are hanging this inside and not outside, smile!

o

Your painting is really great. Your shading is perfect! And the whole painting is done very neatly. I love it.
B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here