Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birdie on a box

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 22, 10 at 14:30

Bought this little hinged box for 99 cents and thought it would be a good painting surface. It has a nice printed paper lining inside. I just did this cute little bird design on it and then some speckling. Luvs

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birdie on a box

Luvs...that is just plain AWESOME! And using different colors in the splatter ties it all together. And you sneaked that little bluebird in so well he is almost hidden.

Always enjoy your projects!

Belle

o

Thanks Belle, I'm glad you liked it. The box was a bit scuffed in places so I thought the speckles would hide that a bit and make it look better--hopefully it doesn't distract from the design too much. Luvs

o

Awwww! That is so sweet! I agree with Belle, that the spatters really inhance the box. The adorable birdie looks so content perched on his branch.

Joan

o

Luvs,

This little birdie box is so darn cute. Great job on the painting! What a neat box and then your painting really finished it completely. You seem to be coming up with so many cute projects and I love it.

Punk

o

Thanks Punk, I'm glad you got to see it. I love little designs like this, but just haven't painted many of them yet. When I first started painting, the "country" style with lots of cutouts was popular, and that's pretty much all I did--so I didn't really learn allot about "mixes" and "layering" and the brush skills needed for more realistic painting. I found some old Tole World magazines on one of my TS trips, and find I am sort of lost reading the directions for some of the projects! I really should have taken more classes! LOL

Luvs

o

Nice find on the box!! It's very cute. Love the bird and the color is awesome. Makes me want spring to get here quicker!! ha I like the speckling too. It looks great. What is getting stored in this little beauty?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here