Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Leprechaun's done

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Not happy with the sign and will redo it--freehanded the lettering--big mistake! LOL

I'm pretty happy with him as long as I don't hold the pattern up next to him!

Luvs

Comments (6)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Well, he just turned out super cute! It looks just like the pattern to me so I don't know how it could be any better. How was painting the face. Was it as hard as I imagine it to be? I think your sign looks good with it too. Don't re-do it.
    Where are you going to hang him? Has DGD seen him yet? I bet she's gonna like him. I'm glad you were brave enough to try him. I think I'm still too scared to try him, but I have one I may cut out tomorrow to work on. We'll see how the day goes. DH will be off, but I think he's going fishing with my dad so I'll still be able to paint. =)
    Great job! ~Anj

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Luvs....He is totally awesome! The sign is perfect so stop beating up on yourself! It all looks so whimsical and fun...lightens the heart.

I am so envious of you, I seem to be stuck doing the same old....while you tackle everything!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning! I feel so much better now that I have finally finished something! LOL

Anj, once I got the cheeks looking pretty good, the rest wasn't too bad. Hard to get the "expression" just right, seems just a little extra curve or thicker line changes it a bit. At least it seems that way to me. And I didn't have exactly the same shades of green that were on the pattern, so that made it a bit different. I just added the little sign because I thought it "needed" something--but it's bugging me because the t's are sort of up in the air too much. Think I'll sand it off and try to do one a bit neater. I know, I know, but I'm picky! ;o)

Belle, I think you do a good variety of things, each one is unique. I am not always able to create the look I want, and the little sign with this guy was just something I decided to add and had the scrap of wood available for it. I should have taken the time to create the words on the computer and trace them on. You know what they say "haste makes waste". LOL

Not sure what project is next, will have to check. I have found that I like to work on two projects at a time, so I don't have to walk away while waiting for parts of one to dry. If I walk away, it's harder to get back to it! That's why I worked on painting the little tray at the same time. Thanks for your sweet comments. Have a great day.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs you've done a wonderful job creating this little guy. Now we can expect you to paiint more faces without batting an eye. LOL It's great that this project went so well for you. Your sign is great, don't redo, just enjoy. Punk

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Well, I may give him a try next year. I downloaded the pattern to save. I like the greens you used....nice that we can trade out for what we have or like better, that's what makes each one unique. I think the sign looks good, didn't notice the t's at all, but if it's bugging you...sand away. I understand how that goes. ha I think we all have a little perfectionist streak running thru us when it comes to our painting. ha ;) ~Anj

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

He is a sweet, happy little Leprechaun! Cute as can be. Great job!