Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Valentine's tray

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Here's a pic of the tray I just finished for Valentine's. DH really likes this one, maybe because it looks like chocolate! LOL

Enjoy, Luvs

Comments (6)

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Luvs....I'm with DH...I like this box of Chocolates! The color choice is super....bold without being over the top!

Can see this tray sitting on its side with a box of chocolates right in front of it...yummy!

Belle

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Oooooh La La!! That is sooo pretty. I like it a lot. The colors are just perfect.
    Now how'd you get those lines so straight? ha Got any tips??

~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs,
    My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. Did you think about this movie when painting this? Run Luvs Run and paint more for us to enjoy!

Your tray turned out wonderful. I just love everything about it. Ditto on the other comments above. You are going to get me into painting trays before long I'm sure.

Speedy

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad you gals liked it, and yes, I thought about that movie the whole time I painted it! LOL

I ran across the pattern while going through some of my back issues of Painting mag. It was in the Feb. 2008 issue and was designed by Patricia Rawlinson for a rug. You were supposed to enlarge the pattern 200% for the rug, but when I saw it, I thought it was just the right size for a tray I already had! Nice when things work out like that! ;o)

I was concerned about trying to substitute my paint colors like I would normally do--so I went to Michaels and got the recommended ones this time. These are all Americana paints except for the black, and I have to say I love the richness of the russet and black plum--yummy! I have some patterns of "food" items that I'd like to paint someday, so know I'll be able to use these colors on some of them too.

Now on to the next project! LOL

Luvs

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Luvs, this is really nice. Great colors and I love the lettering. Have never tried doing it. The tray looks like you stained it first - very rich looking.

CC

• oceanna
    15 years ago

Good job! Will you hang it on the wall? It's too pretty to use.