Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Birdhouse Box

anjabee
15 years ago

Here is a little spring for ya! ha This is a box I bought at the TS and painted for my DM. She has her kitchen decorated with a birdhouse theme. The box was plain with a green grill thing in the front of where the birdhouse is painted (I always forget to take the before pic).

Don't know how I managed to take such a crooked picture. It is missing one of the little rubber things on one bottom corner that I have to replace so that's why it's sitting crooked. ha Maybe I was trying to compensate. Anyway, this was a free online pattern by Jamie Mills-Price on artistclub.com. I only used part of it so that it would fit on my project. Hope ya like it. DM did! =) She is going to use it as a recipe box. ~Anj

Comments (9)

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Anj...........really GREAT! Here I just finished downleading the same pattern and you have it finished for me to enjoy! Know your DM will love it - if not just send it to me!

Your background is super and the texture of the birdhouse is awesome as well as the flowers. The vines on the border was what slowed me down on this one, I tend to over down things like that but yours are perfect.

Thank You for sharing!

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, that was a quick response Belle. ha I was over putting a little post over on Conversations then thought I hit discussions to see if there was anything new there, but accidently came to the Gallery again.
    Cool that you just downloaded it. Are you painting it now?? Can't wait to see how yours turns out. Yours will probably be closer to the pattern than mine. I can't seem to do flowers very good and those vines were a pain for me! I was trying to do a rolling technique that I saw on a video, but it wasn't working out too good for me. ha I was thinking I probably should have only done 2 instead of 3 and used a darker color like the one I used on the picture. Oh well, it's done now and I'm not messing with it cause I'll probably just mess it up. You'll probably have it done quickly. It took me a long time as usual. Can't wait to see it and what you are painting it on! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I love it! Your flowers looks so good and I love the little tendrils. What really is cool is your texture on the background and on the birdhouse. Did you use your fan or rake brush and dry brush that? I really like the color variation it adds. That's a darling design, you always do the neatest painting--perfection! ;o) Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Anj, what a wonderful project you ended up with. I'll have to get over there and download this pattern. Thanks for sharing this as I forget to get over there and look for free patterns. Your DM must be proud of you and your painting. Keep up the great work. Punk

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks you guys...

Luvs~ for the background I painted the background blue and when it was still wet, dry brushed some white slantwise across it. For the birdhouse I just followed the directions and put the different colors thru it with a tiny brush.

Punk~ sorry I never got back here to remind you. ha They have some other cute free projects too. I'm not sure if DM is proud or maybe closer to a little jealous. ha She wants me to teach her how to paint. =)

~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Anj, teach your DM how to paint. If my DM was alive I would love to spend time with her painting,
    we were best friends. That would be so fun to be able to paint together. Punk

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Anj, what a pretty birdhouse. I love the little vines going around the frame. I know your DM will love it for years to come.
    B

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

Ang, I like all birdhouses and you did a great job painting it

You do beautiful work!!!

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks you guys! Glad you like it.

Punk~ I plan to teach DM and DD to paint this summer when hopefully I'll have a little more time on my hands.

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living