Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Love Bug

phonegirl
15 years ago

This is one of the projects I will donate for the Boys and Girls Club auction I painted today. It's from A Little For Every Holiday by Vickie Higley. I changed the face like Jamie Mills Price's snowman and wish I would of painted it a little differently but next one.

I hope this will start everyone posting again. I won't be around tomorrow, I'll be shopping so hope everyone has some time to paint and post and I'll check back when I have time.
{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I added a couple of cutout hearts to this. Do you think it looks better with more hearts?
    {{!gwi}}

• anjabee
    15 years ago

It's cute as a bug in a rug. ha Sorry, couldn't resist. I think it looks better with the added hearts. Love those little antenae with the hearts and I like the JMP face on it. They will certainly be glad to get it for the auction.

I have been painting a little over the weekend, but not finished with anything yet. I'm working on a Karen Wisner pattern, but I'm not used to her directions and seem to have missed a section that is making it harder to do than it would have been otherwise. So it's going even slower than usual for me. I was hoping to have it ready to post today, but maybe tomorrow??? I'm glad we have some people here who paint so quickly to keep things going! Keep it up! =) ~Anj

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

How cute! And I agree with Anj., the added hearts looks more complete. Nice work either way!

Anj...I have found the same thing with KW instructions, a step or two are missing and it really throws you off.

Belle

• diarich
    15 years ago

I Like the added hearts....So Cute!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Anj and Belle. I'll go glue the hearts on. Done. Here's what I went and painted for their second donation for the auction. It's called Megan's Heart from JMP.

This is what happens when I'm suppose to go shopping and my son can't make it for several hours! This painted up quick and now all I have to do is varnish.

I don't remember Karen's book I had being like that but I know what your saying. I haven't found my book with the moose in it so I must of finished those projects at the office and filed it who know's where.

I think I have figured out what I want to do in my craft room with my books. Use my little storage unit that's in my MB and put my books in it. You got it. Now I have to go buy a new one, hopefully today. The one I have is a cheap one from Shopko so it would be nice to find an old one with some character that I could paint black for the MB, time will tell. These crafts cause some big issues sometimes. LOL

Now I'm wondering if I should be donating something other than Valentine's..... Our son needs to get his little butt down here so we can leave before I think I need to go paint something else. This is what happens when the house is clean, laundry done, etc. I'm not good at waiting, can you tell?

Take care and can't wait to see your projects!!! Punk

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Punk, your speed at finishing projects is just amazing to mean--and the fact that your house is clean, laundry done, etc. is as well. LOL

I like the added hearts too, and think they will be thrilled to have this donated for the auction.

I promise when I get home, I will get busy and get some projects done so I can post some too. So glad you are a fast painter and always have such nice things for us to see.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, when are you heading home? I think it's so great that you and DH are out having fun. That is only in my dreams. Aren't you glad you stayed at the bank and retired? Some days I wish I would of too.

Thanks for adding that you like it better with the extra hearts. It's nice to get the reassurance from others with good taste. Punk

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz